Ref: 126772 - Senior Solution Designer
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020 Introduction
This role is for the Core Systems department of Singtel. Core Systems is a domain covering service management, application enhancements and project delivery required for Singtel and Optus business units to run and operate their business operations for delivering service to our customers. These systems deliver customer care, ordering, service fulfilment and billing functions. We aim to deliver prompt and accurate services to customers and to ensure applications are healthy, new changes and/or configurations are deployed accurately to operation. Why work for Singtel Core Systems?
- Strong alignment with business and KPIs centered around business
- Open office space with teams co-located
- Many new things to learn and we follow latest best practices in the industry
- Attention to technical and functional excellence
- Culture of learning, coaching and mentoring
- Career growth path as engineer, analyst, architect
- Dynamic organization where change is the only constant
- Innovation is part of the yearly KPIs
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Implements software solutions to address evolving needs and challenges of Singtel business.
- Elaborate software solution design.
- Implement solution by means of:
- Configuring and customizing Singtel applications
- Implementing services for Singtel core digital platform
- Coordinate efforts of Singtel technical and business teams to accommodate solution for daily use.
- Ensure program/project delivery in accordance with Singtel IT strategic standards.
- Accountable for quality, on-time and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure architectural standards, guidelines, policies and best practices for technology and applications
- Strategic vendor management, business, IT and provider alignment.
- Maintains and forms alliances with recognized experts and with decision makers.
- Tertiary education with Degree in Computer Science, IT, software or computer engineering fields or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of work experience as Software Engineer (Developer), preferably with Telco experience
- Experience in managing multiple business stakeholders and vendors
- Strong understanding of architectural principles and industry standards
- Experience in delivery in a complex and high pressure environment
- Strong customer focus with a commitment to delivery of quality services
- Knowledge of telecommunication systems, technical and engineering concepts as well as business operations and processes.
- Ability to keep abreast of the new technologies with a view of implementing them to increase productivity and efficiency of the organization.
- Demonstrable background in the design, implementation, measurement and tracking of operational key performance indicators
- Detailed understanding of the end-to-end software life cycle, operational and support procedures and processes
- Strong technical background with interest and motivation to self-learn to keep abreast to technology trend and tools.
- Possess excellent communication, collaboration, presenting and influencing skills, particularly in liaison with internal & external service providers
- Self-directed and motivated to achieve project milestones
- Negotiations skills
- Possess the ability to exercise independent and effective judgment
- Strong analytical skills, meticulous, energetic, innovative, able to work well in a team and under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills, resourceful, take ownership, able to conceptualize
- Ability to generate creative solutions for work situations, encourage and embrace new and untested approaches
- Display a disciplined but flexible approach to problem solving
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.