Ref: 124211 - Solution Designer (Configuration - SQL)
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
The Singtel Group is Asia's leading communications group providing a diverse range of services including fixed, mobile, data, internet, TV, infocomms technology (ICT) and digital solutions. The successful applicant will be joining Group IT as a Solution Designer in Singapore. Key Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate should have:
- Attends requirement gathering/consult forum to understand business needs
- Provide solution design to the impacted applications. Solution walkthrough to stakeholders
- Performs build and test of the changes including creating testing scripts.
- Performs defects investigation and provides fixes for change delivered (Including production)
- Provides testing support for the application impacted during test
- Responsible for the timely delivery of the change.
- Responsible for the quality of change delivered.
- Responsible for the upkeep of application functional specification and solution document.
- Responsible to perform solution and codes review delivered by our delivery partners to ensure quality and compliance to standards
- Responsible to perform deployment of Product configuration into DV/UT/PREPROD/PROD together with GIO (Infra/DBA).
- Ability to keep abreast of the new technologies with a view of implementing them to increase productivity and efficiency of the organization.
- Required to manage our delivery partners (outsource vendor) and co-work with them to deliver the change.
- Required to work outside working hours to support production cutover.
- Required to manage and deliver urgent changes, includes providing alternative interim solution for short cycle delivery
- Required to prepare submission and attend change approval board forum for approval to cutover to production.
- Required to manage business escalation.
- Required to have development and maintenance batch programs (e.g. Java) and Database scripts (PL/SQL).
- Tertiary education with Degree in Computer Science, IT, software or computer engineering fields or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant IT experience in design and software, preferably with Telco experience
- Development expertise in Product Catalog Configuration
- Experience in BSS applications (e.g. CRM, OMS, ODS, MEC, ABP)
- Strong in development standards and practices
- Experience in communicating and influencing at senior management
- Detailed understanding of the end-to-end software life cycle, operational and support procedures and processes
- Possess excellent communication, collaboration, presenting and influencing skills, particularly in liaison with internal & external service providers and senior leadership
- Negotiations skills
- Possess the ability to exercise independent and effective judgment
- Strong analytical skills, meticulous, energetic, innovative, able to work well in a team and under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills, resourceful, take ownership, able to conceptualize, ability to motivate and build high performing team
- Ability to generate creative solutions for work situations, encourage and embrace new and untested approaches
- Display a disciplined but flexible approach to problem solving
- Database: Oracle (SQL Developer/SQL script.
- OS: UNIX/LINUX/WIN
- Language: Java/shell script.
If this description is exciting and you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to make a difference, then please follow the link to apply. For more information on this and other opportunities please refer to our careers portal under https://groupcareers.singtel.com.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.