Ref: 121783 - Senior Development Operations Engineer
Realise your full potential with Asia's leading communications group. While we take pride in our 140-year heritage, our philosophy is to always look forward and evolve. Today, we are a leader in cutting-edge ICT innovation and digital advances, powered by a vast network of offices in countries and territories across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. Come be a part of our dynamic organisation as we create the infocomms landscape of the future.
Singtel are at the leading edge of technology development to improve the experience of our customers as they consume services across mobile, voice and data infrastructure, managed services, cloud computing, IT services and professional consulting. To support that journey we are searching for top talent and have an exciting opportunity for a Development Operations Engineer to strengthen our team.
DT requires strong engineers for the Build-Run teams across grades. For day-to-day work, engineers are positioned inside the multi-disciplinary teams and work to achieve business goals. In addition, engineers are part of the development practice, specialized in areas like Java, Front-end, AEM, DevOps and in future perhaps others.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a team that will be tasked to setup and deliver automated development and operational environments for the Digital project streams. Key Responsibilities & Results:
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge Required:
- You will work on configuring and supporting all the automated tools across all stages of the development pipeline including Integration, Test, Staging and Production environments.
- You will be involved in discussions of development pipeline with key stakeholders including developers, architects and project managers.
- You will need to work closely with Information security and infrastructure team in working out an appropriate approach.
- You will need to be responsible for creating, versioning and testing of scripts for backup, deployment, patching and etc.
- You are able to build up the infrastructure in AWS for the continuous delivery pipeline.
- You will need to be able to pick up the right level and parameters to monitor within any environment and use the right tools to put in place those monitoring implements.
- You will need to constantly upgrade your skills and update your knowledge along with the latest developments in the world of DevOps.
- You will be able to work with 3rd party vendors/subject matter experts and picking up tooling knowledge in delivering a Devops environments to a number of multi-disciplined teams.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field. (i.e. IT, Computer Science or Software Engineering)
- At least 8 ~ 12 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of cloud environments preferably with Amazon Web Services, e.g. (EC2, EBS, S3, ELB, SQS, ElasticCache, CloudFront, ElasticIP, Route53, Redshift, RDS)
- The ability to code is essential. Ideally, you're able to produce Bash / PowerShell scripts and code in either C, C++, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby or Java.
- You must be at home with Linux (Ubuntu/RHEL/Centos) and Windows operating systems including package management and scheduling.
- You are able to use tools such as Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Nagios, Maven/Ant.
- You have experience with monitoring tools such as OpenView, NewRelic or Datadog.
- Familiarity with Ansible, SaltStack, Docker containers is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proactive, resourceful and self-motivated with strong analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Experience in software and application development that requires analysis and design work.
- Review of test plans and test cases for SIT.
- Knowledge/Experience in Gitlab/Github.
- Knowledge/Experience in Continuous Integration and Automated Testing.
- Knowledge in Stash.
- Knowledge/Experience in Agile Development and Management tools, e.g. Jira, Nexus, Artifactory, Jenkins, Sonar, Selenium.
- Knowledge/Experience in Wiki applications.
If this description is exciting and you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to make a difference, then please follow the link to apply. For more information on this and other opportunities please refer to our careers portal under https://groupcareers.singtel.com. Let's shape a better world through technology. Join us to lead the change.