Ref: 119255 - Staff Architect
Realise your full potential with Asia's leading communications group. While we take pride in our 140-year heritage, our philosophy is to always look forward and evolve. Today, we are a leader in cutting-edge ICT innovation and digital advances, powered by a vast network of offices in countries and territories across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. Come be a part of our dynamic organisation as we create the infocomms landscape of the future.
Singtel are at the leading edge of technology development to improve the experience of our customers as they consume services across mobile, voice and data infrastructure, managed services, cloud computing, IT services and professional consulting. To support that journey we are searching for top talent and have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Architect to strengthen our team.
This is a strategic role focussing on Application Architecture for multiple digital channels and platforms. Key Responsibilities and Results:
Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge Required:
- Understands business functions and transform requirements into architecture and blueprint for the solution being created. Need to propose new innovative solutions, updates to existing solutions, negotiate alternative options, build technical and release roadmaps.
- Construct a solution architecture around Microservices and APIs and be able to decompose monolith applications into meaningful implementable Microservices and APIs in a Cloud/DevOps environment.
- Work closely with the development team and get their buy-in into accepting the design to be implemented. Also, work with different stake holders, product owner, senior executives, external parties like system integrators, product partners.
- Provide technology perspective to business to achieve roadmap and prioritization by keeping abreast with industry trends. Where required, help business size the complexity of problem and help simplify and define MVP.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or its equivalent.
- 12+ years of experience in the technology industry including 8+ in architecture of scalable and high-performance internet facing systems.
- Possess strong background and experience as a successful Software engineer/Architect in building large scale, highly available Internet and mobile applications.
- Have in depth knowledge of cloud computing, microservices architecture (incl. design pattern, rest/grpc, gateway & service mesh etc.), DevOps, streaming architecture, modern data architecture, Mobile and Web application architecture.
- Good experience in API security including OAuth2/OIDC, Tokens, mTLS etc.
- Significant experience working on mission critical internet facing applications focusing on scalability, performance, architecture aspects.
- Passion for architecture and ability to pick up and learn new technological advances very quickly.
- Exhibits leadership in guiding team members, adapts to changes in technology and business domains, has good knowledge of latest trends in the market and is well respected within the team.
- Solid understanding of Public Cloud (pref. AWS) architecture. AWS certification is a big plus.
- Experience in Java, Spring boot, any modern messaging technology, any Traditional and NoSQL database is a big plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate vision and roadmap to all stakeholders. Exceptional communication skills with diverse audiences. (including non-technical audiences)
If this description is exciting and you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to make a difference, then please follow the link to apply. For more information on this and other opportunities please refer to our careers portal under https://groupcareers.singtel.com. Let's shape a better world through technology. Join us to lead the change.