Redshift Database Engineer, 6 month contract renewable
We're in the business of building tomorrow. It's not about reading the signs and making sure you're ready, it's about deciding where and how you want to get to the next level. At TEKsystems, we're obsessed with technology. Its power to change everything. Technology fuels our passion and commitment to helping organisations do what they set out to. When we engage, we bring fresh ideas that help you galvanise your performance. Refine your strategy. Spark new energy. The future-and how we get there-depends on those who build, connect, create and transform our world. The most successful and innovative businesses are already doing it, and we're skilled experts at bringing the talent they need to thrive. Job Description:
You will lead a new project to upgrade, build and optimise a new Data Warehouse / Data Lake combination. As a senior member of the team your role will encompass elements of project management to set and drive the product roadmap, allocation of resources and provision of technical leadership. You'll be working in a technology driven environment utilising the latest tools and techniques such as Redshift, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, Athena and Kafka.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture by designing and implementing data ingestion solutions on AWS using AWS native services or using data management technologies such as Talend or Informatica hosted on AWS.
- Integrate and assemble large, complex data sets using AWS services such as Glue that meet a broad range of business requirements.
- Design and optimize data models on AWS Cloud using AWS data stores such as Redshift, RDS, S3
- Integrate AWS or 3rd party KMS, HSM with AWS data services for building secure data solutions
- Operationalize self service data preparation tools e.g. Trifacta and Paxata on AWS.
- Design operations architecture and conduct performance engineering for large scale data lakes in production environment
- Participate in client design workshops and provide tradeoffs and recommendations towards building solutions.
- Mentor other engineers in coding best practices and problem solving.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience using databases, out of which 5 years hands on experience of Amazon Redshift Architecture or equivalent Columnar DB.
- Hands on experience in Data Warehouse (DW) and BI tools is mandatory
- Should understand nuances of moving data from RDBMS sources to Columnar DB (Redshift)
- AWS Pipeline knowledge to develop ETL for data movement to Redshift
- Strong knowledge on AWS environment and Service knowledge with S3 storage understanding
- Strong knowledge multiple cloud technologies including VPC, EC2, S3, Amazon API Gateway, DynamoDB, SimpleDB, AWS Route 53
For more information you can email Michelle Hoang
in our Singapore office on firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting Job Reference 527697
or alternatively, apply here to register your interest.
http://jobs.en-sg.teksystems.com/TtaOqI/redshift-database-engineer-6-month-contract-renewable-itcommunications-singapore-central-singapore-14872755 Allegis Group Singapore Pte Ltd, Company Reg No. 200909448N, EA License No. 10C4544