The ABOR Reconciliation team is responsible for the controls and integrity of data within the accounting book of record. The team ensures data integrity through investigation of breaks and monitoring them through to resolution.
Overview of role
- Ownership of breaks and investigations of differences through daily stock/cash reconciliations against custodians/administrators/systems.
- Ownership of breaks and investigations of differences via reconciliation against counterparty records.
- Ensure timely resolution of breaks.
- Validate and update internal records with relevant transactions, such as fees and income.
- Provide information of internal or external records as requested.
- Perform integrity checks, static data setup and maintenance within internal systems.
- Work through high volumes, prioritise and manage workload according to risk or deadlines.
- Support RPA opportunities and implementation
- 1-2 years of working experience
- Basic knowledge of financial products such as Equities, Fixed Income and OTC Derivatives
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive problem solving skills and a good attention to detail
- Strong team player but with ability to work independently within specified deadlines
- Ability to prioritise own work
- Desire to learn and develop
- An interest in pursuing a career in the operational space of the Investment Management / Financial Services industry
- Proficient in basic software including MS Excel
- Experience working within a middle/back office environment in an asset management firm
- Previous experience in reconciliations / investment accounting preferred