We’re looking for someone to lead our Reconciliations team in ensuring the integrity of custody and cash position data is maintained within our internal systems through our daily reconciliation processes!
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone to lead our Reconciliations team in ensuring the integrity of custody and cash position data is maintained within our internal systems through our daily reconciliation processes. You will ensure the complete reconciliation, investigation and allocation of all breaks are completed within set SLA’s and deadlines. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for the oversight and management of clearance of all breaks within the function.
Someone who can interact with an array of operational teams to ensure that breaks are investigated and resolved and that issues are tracked to resolution. A strong people manager with overall responsibility for leading and developing a team of Specialists and Lead Specialists.
You will thrive in a fast pace environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
In Singapore, Schroders' presence dates back to the mid-1970s. Since then, we have successfully built a strong local franchise and are one of the largest asset management companies in Singapore today.
We manage funds for a broad range of clients including official institutions, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, charities, government-linked companies, high net worth individuals and retail investors.
Singapore is our Asia Pacific operations hub, providing operational oversight to other offices in the region such as Australia, Indonesia, Hong Kong and Japan. The team constantly seeks to develop and adopt innovative and collaborative solutions to bring the best results for our clients.
What you’ll do
- Effectively plan, prioritise and manage workloads across the team;
- Ensure the reconciliation, investigation and allocation of all breaks within set SLA’s and deadlines is achieved;
- Manage the oversight for resolution of reconciliation breaks ensuring full escalation where required;
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly MI report production is timely, accurate and fit for purpose;
- Manage the accuracy and continuity of data within the supported systems;
- Managing individual performance; conducting 1:1s, appraisals and enforcing group policies;
- Develop team members to achieve team and business goals;
- Proactively manage and mitigate risk by reviewing processes and procedures, implementing improvements and maintaining stringent controls;
- Approve and update procedure manuals, service definitions and audit reports;
- Conduct root cause analysis on issues that arise;
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal functions and external counterparts;
- Manage external counterparts to ensure they deliver a quality service to support our functions;
- Keep informed of market and regulatory changes and where required implement changes to processes and procedures;
- Attend counterparty/industry seminars;
- Monitor and review error trends and provide guidance to team members to prevent reoccurrence;
- Owns the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and the Risk and Control Assessment (RCA) of the team;
- Attend Client Due Diligence meetings to represent the function;
- Ensure the function is meeting the needs of our business partners and internal clients; and
- Initiate and lead local projects and change or act as lead contact for business projects, both aimed at further improving service and controls or managing costs and risks.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Proven experience in managing and leading a team;
- Strong and proven investigations skills preferred (liaising with internal & external parties);
- Familiar with equities, fixed income and derivative products desired;
- Proficient in basic software including Excel;
- Strong understanding of operational risks and control frameworks; and
- Numerical skills and the ability to monitor and produce high quality MIS, and naturally perform root cause analysis.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Wider experience in Asset Management and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle;
- Prior experience of Aladdin and Tri-Optima;
- Project and Business Change experience and/or qualification; and
- Understanding of operational risks and control frameworks.
What you’ll be like
- An experienced people manager with a track record in developing teams and people;
- Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks and delegate appropriately;
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
- A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties;
- Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self-improvement opportunities;
- Dexterity to switch seamlessly between big picture thinking and detailed impact analyses when required; and
- Able to navigate the team through changes and maintain an innovative culture
We’re looking for the best, whoever they are!