This is an exciting role with the Worlds largest professional intermediary who play a pivotal role in the world’s financial markets, covering FX, Rates, Credit, Equities, Energy & Commodities. You will be responsible for supporting and troubleshooting components that connect to electronic trading venues such as exchanges and client feeds. This includes related components such as integration with pre-trade risk checking systems
- Ensuring optimal accuracy and timeliness of Data on a real-time basis while implementing monitoring tools to detect data issues.
- Collaborating closely with internal teams and businesses units to manage data to drive sales channel targeting and accommodate client needs.
- Resolving Data quality issues, this includes root cause analysis while managing internal and external vendors to resolve Data issues.
- Ensuring Data security, this includes facilitating Data protection and compliance of customer's Data while incorporating emerging technologies to enhance existing Data Warehouse.
- Flexibility to stretch and take challenges
- Communication & Interpersonal skills, a team player.
- Attitude to learn and execute
- Role requires individual to work on weekends or public holidays to support or deploy solutions.(occasional)
- Resilient under pressure, have a mind-set of continuous improvement and can-do desire to provide excellent service.
- Proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, performance bottlenecks, etc.
- Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties Risk Responsibilities Ensure that you understand the risks and controls on your department; what could go wrong, what controls you have to prevent/detect or contain these. All staff have defined risk management responsibilities. The Group imposes additional responsibilities on line-managers and senior managers. It is critical that all staff discharge their risk management responsibilities when undertaking their role. Specific responsibilities are incorporated into employee objectives, and your performance against these objectives will be assessed as part of the firm’s performance management process. You will also be required to confirm that you have discharged your risk management responsibilities through the annual risk management attestation process
- 5+ years of professional experience in financial institutions and/or financial services. Comfortable to dive into exchange specs and protocol definitions such as FIX protocol.
- Proficient with OS and network level tuning and editing scripts on Windows/Linux platforms.
- Scripting experience (Python or Linux bash or tcl).
- Understanding of Asian feeds across the board. Experience of market-data platforms i.e. Refinitiv, Bloomberg, direct feed providers , cloud technology such as AWS, GCP. Basic networking/connectivity skills (e.g. Multicast, routing, TCP/IP working knowledge).
- Ability to conduct self-learning, pick up new tools and able to be independent with minimal guidance from the project leads/managers
- Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- Good to have: Financial markets/ trading business knowledge with exposure to market data products eg. Refinitiv (TREP), Refinitiv Workspace, jpassoc subscriber and compositor, contex, cityvision excelerator, Geneos, BPIPE , MPF experience with large scale/ high frequency/low latency distributed applications
- Understands ideas and has a viewpoint on the markets and economy
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders outside of the immediate department ‘to get the job done’
- A thorough knowledge of at least 1 of the following must be demonstrated:
o FIX protocol as used for Market Data
- Knowledge of market Data Terminals such as EIKON or Bloomberg a distinct advantage
- Basic knowledge of Excel using Real-Time data should be shown