The Real Estate Fund Accountant is responsible for providing Kiri with accurate and timely accounting support in line with ongoing business needs and applicable accounting standards, and for maintaining compliance with relevant regulatory authorities. The role is a broad accounting position that is best suited to either an ACA/CPA with real estate fund experience from practice or post qualified within a real estate fund manager or REIT, or an ACCA/CIMA from industry who has spent time at an administrator, real estate private equity, REIT or other real estate investment manager.
Your role will be to monitor the group’s real estate investments from a management accounting and finance perspective, from transaction throughout the asset management and ownership lifecycle. This will involve:
- Preparation and delivery of reporting to the group management team
- Accumulate, examine, and interpret real estate portfolio operating data in order to deliver monthly and quarterly management accounts and performance reports
- Semi-annual valuation reports, including asset-level and portfolio NAV
- Ad hoc budgeting, variance analysis, and forecasting
- Business partnering with the group finance, treasury, investment and asset management teams
- Co-ordination with external partners for the group’s property investments and loans (property managers, accountants, auditors, banks, etc.)
- Ownership of specific entity-level financial accounts and assistance with group consolidation
- Oversee ongoing compliance and statutory reporting needs
- Work closely with group company secretarial division for company secretarial and corporate compliance
Kiri prides itself on offering a supportive working environment alongside a transparent, flexible and solutions-driven culture, where all team members are encouraged to contribute to solutions and challenged on a path of continued growth.
Qualifications / Skillset
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or any related discipline with professional qualification (ie. ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant experience, including:
- Prior accounting experience within the property sector, particularly funds, Fund Administration, REITs or property development.
- Prior experience with global consolidations of IFRS accounts
- Tax knowledge in the UK, US, Canada, Singapore, and Hong Kong an advantage.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and a sense of humour
- Team player with superior multi-tasking capability who can work independently towards calendar deadlines and is not afraid to look for solutions
- Highly proficient in Excel, with the ability to create compelling management reports in Word and Powerpoint
- Prior experience with Yardi or similar property accounting systems
Kiri Capital strongly promotes diversity as a cornerstone of its culture and heritage, and is committed to consider all applicants equally, regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. An attractive remuneration & benefits package commensurate with qualifications/experience will be offered to the right candidate.
Please send your application letter and full resume with details of availability and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: All documentation relating to applicants will be treated confidentially in accordance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (the ‘PDPA’), and all other relevant employment legislation. The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment.