Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a multistrategy hedge fund looking to hire a Quantitative Researcher to join their team in Singapore. The Quantitative Researcher will work on the systematic futures trading desk, reporting to the Portfolio Manager.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for quantitative research and analysis on the systematic cross asset futures portfolio (commodities, FX, equity indices, fixed income)
- Collect, prepare and analyse datasets using advanced statistical methods to identify new trading strategies and improve existing ones
- Contribute to the research agenda related to portfolio construction and optimization, risk management and strategy capacity
- Evaluation of new datasets, backtesting, implementation and performance monitoring
- This position reports to the Portfolio Manager
Key Qualifications / Experience
- PhD (or exceptional MsC) in a quantitative field, such as Mathematics, Econometrics or Statistics
- 1-3 years’ experience of quant research in a hedge fund or asset management firm
- Experience with systematic multi asset futures strategies
- Experience with extracting information from non-price data
- Excellent programming skills (Python)
- Based in Singapore (or willing to relocate)