Quantitative Alpha Researcher Intern
Interns and Entry Level
About Cubist Cubist Systematic Strategies is the systematic investing business of Point72. The firm deploys systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple liquid asset classes, including equities, futures, and foreign exchange. The core of our effort is rigorous research into a wide range of market anomalies, fueled by our unparalleled access to a wide range of publicly available data sources.
Role Quantitative alpha research requires mastery of multiple domains. The best research requires original research ideas, good intuition, strong data analysis skills, and good research planning. Our research directly drives our investment decisions. This role is highly selective. We have a long history of training extraordinarily talented academic researchers to succeed in the investment services industry. Prior experience in the financial services industry is not required.
- Provide research assistance to full-time researchers
- Assist with data collection and preliminary analysis
- Follow, digest, analyze and improve upon the latest academic research
- Ph.D. candidates in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, or other quantitative discipline.
- Programming in any of the following: R, Python, or C++.
- Experience with SQL.
- Solid research experience in the field of the candidate's specialty.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new methodologies to real life problems.
- Willingness to take ownership of his/her work.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Strong desire to deliver high quality results in a timely fashion.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry is not required.
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.