Quality Assurance Lead / AML Business Controls Lead
- Apr 20, 2021
My client, a prestigious and well-known international bank is looking to hire a QA Lead to support its Global Bank & Markets division.
AML Business Controls
Morgan Mckinley is working in partnership with a leading international bank currently looking for a QA lead to support its Global Bank & Markets division.
This is a senior team lead position, and the incumbent will be responsible to support the Global Banking and Markets Anti-Money Laundering program by acting as a Quality Assurance subject matter expert and providing advice to the onboarding team and business, assessment of high- risk matters escalated for review and supporting adaptation and roll out of new policies and regulations. Ensure a robust risk framework by conducting regular Quality Assurance reviews, overlaid by targeted Training.
- Contributes to a positive risk culture and ensures day-to-day activities and decisions are undertaken in accordance with the Bank's risk
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with the bank's values, its Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct
- Provide accurate and timely AML and expert KYC advice to GBMO onboarding team to support their effective completion of GBM KYC CDD/EDD
- Complete EDD/Specialized-EDD processes through expert research and investigations to support risk assessment, escalations and approvals including for high-risk/auto high-risk clients and potential sanctions
- Assess requests from onboarding for exceptions or waivers to procedures and provide approval (as delegated) or support escalation for
- Support development and delivery of effective KYC training to business line and Global Markets Bank Onboarding staff.
- Support Director of Quality Assurance in the timely management and completion of all governance processes in accordance with enterprise procedures and reporting requirements, including delegation of Director duties as required.
- As directed, represent the department, and undertake additional projects to support implementation of changes to enterprise AML/ATF policies and procedures as well as local regulatory requirements across the APAC
- Conduct QA reviews, incorporating targeted testing in accordance with approved schedule and communications
- Represent QA in various regional and global committees and expectation to own and meet
- Provide leadership, day to day people oversight, and workload management for the client onboarding Support in the recruitment, management, and ongoing development of both full-time and temporary staff regionally.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/ values/ business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant, you would have the following skills & qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree,
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a KYC/AML role, with experience in undertaking research and investigation of high-risk Preference for direct industry experience in the Capital Markets and Corporate/ Investment Banking regulatory due diligence, having covered multiple product areas.
- The incumbent must have strong background and expertise of current and anticipated regulatory frameworks impacting client onboarding- namely, evolving regional and global KYC/ AML standards, OTC reforms, and tax regulations.
- Superior working knowledge of local and regional KYC/AML requirements, regulatory expectations, and industry Familiarity with wholesale/commercial banking businesses and products.
- Strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving
- Team player with good organizational skills to deliver on various projects and assignments and to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
If you're interested in this role, please send your updated CV (word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1770166
Registration Name: Suhani Malhotra
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as a notification that you have not been shortlisted.