Python Developer, Data Engineering, VP
As a Python developer you will join the Data Engineering team (part of the Engineering and Architecture organisation in the Corporate and Investment Bank). You will be responsible for delivering solutions to our clients in CIB technology, QR and Data Analytics. We are engineering cutting edge solutions in meta-data & data to model, track and deliver Data in Place and Data in Motion solutions. Our work facilitates data modelling, lineage & transporting data at scale on Cloud technologies, capturing Models & APIs in our Model Repository and building automation and tooling to control and evolve them. As part of Engineering & Architecture we are at the forefront of defining & driving adoption of the latest technology and best practice throughout the CIB.
Your role is to work with our users, developers and DevOps teams to gather requirements, design, implement & support our platform. Your strong knowledge of Python, continuous delivery & testing will help our team meet our client's requirements. You will work on challenging projects ranging from meta-programming, DSL & interpreter design to delivery of components to integrate with SQL / NoSQL DBs, Kafka & Spark. You will work as part of a global and diverse team, with clients across the globe.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
- Rich development experience in Python 2 & 3
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework
- Experience in one or more static JVM languages such as Java, Scala or Kotlin a plus
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Familiar with TDD and / or BDD
- Familiar with SQL/No-SQL databases
- Working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery best practice
- Knowledge of software best practices like refactoring, clean code, domain driven design, encapsulation etc.
- Familiarity with Docker / Kubernetes / micro-services / Spark / Kafka a plus
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.