- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Project Manager, Treasury IBOR lead
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Project Manager, Treasury IBOR leadAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Treasury COO team works with the Group Treasurer to maximize the performance of Treasury markets as well as the wider Treasury department by partnering with the functions and geographies. The Treasury COO team focuses on all aspects of business management with emphasis on (i) Growth and Strategy (ii) Investment and Cost (iii) Control and Governance.
The Group's IBOR programme is an enterprise-wide initiative, impacting businesses, functions and customer segments across the globe. It is responsible for leading and centrally co-ordinating SCBs efforts to transition away from LIBOR. While the IBOR programme sits within the Group COO, this role will sit within the Treasury COO with a focus on Treasury deliverables as part of the IBOR reforms. The project manager will be expected to work with senior leads to meet the objectives of key workstreams. The role will involve close partnership with Treasury front-line leads and leads from second-line functions including Risk and Compliance, Finance, Product Control, Legal, Operations, Technology and Regulatory Reform.
This is a new role with a high profile and very high visibility opportunity.
As such the Project Manager, Treasury IBOR lead will:
- Lead the end-to-end delivery of the IBOR project within Group Treasury.
- Work with respective Treasury business and functional leads (such as Compliance, Risk & Finance) towards the implementation of IBOR program to drive the overall enterprise-wide transition plan.
- Co-ordinate and drive centrally the Treasury processes impacted by IBOR reforms such as Funds transfer pricing (FTP), Treasury markets (TM) funding book and position, Treasury capital management and risk management etc.
- Manage communication of status updates to key stakeholders including Senior Management through presentations and reports.
- Manage the successful delivery of the IBOR project and relevant ad-hoc requests from planning to execution to closure.
- Design and define the implementation plan including project scope, key dependencies, timelines etc.
- Manage the delivery of tasks and track the completion of tasks/actions from the working group (WG) and across different workstreams.
- Coordinate working group meetings, ensure agendas are focused, materials are consistent with IBOR Project steering committee, document minutes, ensure clear ownership of action items and follow-ups.
Treasury Market (TM) and Treasury Capital (TC)
- Support Treasury's exposure and impact analysis of LIBOR replacement.
- Work with the business SMEs to develop strategy/approach to hedge and minimise the impact of event risk.
- Work with the business SMEs, Legal & Compliance on re-papering exercise should TM need to move any financial contracts off LIBOR deposits, if any.
- Support the operational and system readiness of enabling the business to book alternative reference rates (ARR) based products e.g. SOFR.
- Co-ordinate with TL to develop an approach for the IBOR change based FTP to SOFR (or any alternative reference rates) based FTP, especially for the issue of term funding rates.
- Work with TL to crystallise impact to businesses and support the businesses in management of agency risks sitting in businesses.
- Assist TL on the review of any tactical/strategic changes to systems: PSFTP/Aspire/EUC spreadsheets published by TM etc.
- Assist in the design of the downstream liquidity risk management and reporting.
- Review the IBOR impact to respective Asset & liability Committees (ALCOs) balance sheet management processes to ensure the Group is within risk appetite.
- Identify project and business risks, escalating to Treasury leads or IBOR Programme Director (as appropriate) with strategies to mitigate risk.
- Work closely with Group Compliance and Regulatory reform teams to keep updated of regulatory changes, consultation papers or industry reforms concerning IBORs.
- Ensure the outcome achieved by the project is aligned to the Bank's Conduct Principles and internal compliance and conduct frameworks.
- Collaborate effectively to identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve any risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Represent Treasury COO at various benchmark governance committees such as the Group Benchmark Rates Committee (BRRC).
- Draft and present papers at the BRRCs (or benchmark related Committees/WGs) where relevant.
- Working with ePMO to ensure measurable objectives, project integrity and quality control, proper governance around key projects and processes, performance, resources and cost tracking.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Banking, Finance and Economics with 8 to 10 years of work experience in managing multi-dimensional projects.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Financial markets & Treasury products and systems.
- Strong market and regulatory knowledge of traded and surveyed benchmark rates.
- Strong understanding of banking industry and regulatory environment.
- Proven track record of implementing bank-wide regulatory and business critical programmes.
- Awareness and understanding of the firm's business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Ability to take ownership of issues/tasks and apply best practices to facilitate solutions.
- Ability to create effective work relationships across business & geographies.
- Focused, organised, results-oriented and works independently to strict timelines.
- Awareness and thorough understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates.
- Ability to interpret evolving regulatory requirements and translate these requirements into implementable actions.
- Ability to identify opportunities to leverage evolving regulatory requirements in the broader business context.
- Exceptional stakeholder managements skill.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and constructively challenge at a variety of levels.
- Strong drive for results, ability to plan, track and follow through to deliver an aggressive project plan agenda.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.