Project Manager, Modelling and Analytics Group, XVA
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Financial Markets has expertise combined with deep local market knowledge to deliver a variety of risk management, financing and investment solutions to our clients. The FM team offers capabilities across origination, structuring, sales, trading and research. Offering a full suite of fixed income, currencies, commodities, equities and capital markets solutions, FM has firmly established itself as a trusted partner with extensive on-the-ground knowledge and deep relationships.
Within FM, the Modelling & Analytics Group ('MAG') is accountable for design, development and delivery of real-time pricing models, risk models, and core infrastructure, enabling pricing, market data, intra-day risk reporting capability, and portfolio level analytics including reporting and capital computation.
The purpose of this role is to join the project management team covering all FM asset classes with an initial focus to manage the delivery of the developments for the XVA business for the Front Office, Market Risk and Finance users. It provides close interaction with the head and traders of the XVA desk, XVA Risk Managers, XVA Product Control and Valuation Control. The Project team are responsible for project management across all FM asset classes (Rates, FX, Credit, Commodities, Equities, XVA) for modelling, Cortex applications and core. The new joiner will be expected to participate in projects across the MAG book of work.
Specific responsibilities include:
Internal and Regulatory compliance
- Manage the XVA project covering the delivery and roll out of the Cortex Analytics and SABRE platform. Manage the team, resourcing, budgets.
- Build a strong and effective relationship with the Business, COO, Quants and Technology teams.
- Chair weekly Working Groups and monthly project steering committees with key stakeholders. Identify risks, issues, and dependencies, propose mitigating steps.
- Manage escalations, ensures the project team addresses issues and questions pro-actively and diligently. Be able to deep dive in questions whenever required.
- Always balance tactical deliveries - supporting business needs - with the long-term strategic development of the platform. Manage the technical debt.
- Ensure projects respect internal policies and frameworks, and set the projects ready to pass internal audits
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure models are developed and maintained in-line with the applicable policies and standards.
- Comply with the Operational Risk Framework.
- Proactively support the implementation of the Group Model Risk policy.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- 5+yrs of work experience in Project manager experience with strong interpersonal skills. Able to bring consensus and drive arbitrages.
- Experience working in a Front Office environment, facing heads of desks. Ability to work, prioritise and deliver under pressure.
- Solid Financial knowledge, including analytics and models. Experience in counterparty credit risk is a plus.
- Self-starter, delivery oriented with a "Can do" attitude. Able to navigate through the bank's IT, remove blockers and deliver solutions to the business.
- Multicultural awareness, personal authority, integrity, and ethics
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.