Project Manager, IBOR Transition
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. 12 Months Direct Contract role The Role Responsibilities Business
- Deliver the CCIB Client Engagement project for IBOR transition that cuts across Client Coverage, Transaction Banking and Global Credit Markets
- Execute, track and report planned client outreach via engagement with IBOR Regional reps and close coordination with the broader Programme team members
- Ensure data models for client engagement are aligned with the Programme
- Produce insights on client engagement and patterns / themes identified to dynamically shift planned strategies
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are effectively engaged and managed
- Ensure 'Client-centricity' throughout the e2e delivery lifecycle where involvement can be direct/indirect
- Apply a structured methodology to deliver the project through creation/execution of a plan to support adoption of the changes
- Kee track of emerging regulatory expectations in terms of IBOR transition and evaluate the present state of infrastructure and processes of the organization against this
- Keep track of industry best practices and be an influencer in bringing about such changes
- Drive LIBOR transition agenda with senior stakeholders across the Client Coverage and GCM Private side Lending and Transaction Banking businesses
- Ensure MI and workstream reporting is fit for use through investigations and data remediations
- Assist with in any related Program audit or reviews
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Run Project Steering groups to disseminate updates in a meaningful manner with all stakeholders
- Work with project management office to ensure measuring objectives, project integrity and quality control, proper governance around processes, performance, resources and cost tracking
- Ensure information is correctly communicated and where necessary issues are escalated to management in a timely manner.
- Share ideas and best practice information with colleagues. Thinks beyond current boundaries of the role and contributes ideas.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Group IBOR project deliverables for Client Coverage to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of PRA/FCA and any other local regulatory prescribed responsibilities on IBOR Transition.
- Client Coverage / GCM Private side Lending / Agency Business and Functions MT members
- Group and Country Business Heads, COOs and their representatives
- IBOR Project Managers supporting the workstreams
- Functions stakeholders - Legal, Compliance, Operational Risk. Finance, IMO, GLS etc
- The broader IBOR Programme team, including IBOR regional reps
Our Ideal Candidate
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group's internal and external reputation and indirectly influence the bottom line.
- Promote the Group's brand and Here for good with clients and regulators.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders and staff.
The candidate must be a self-motivated, proactive and resourceful with an excellent network with ability to work in a fast-paced environment against an uncertain regulatory back-drop. Additional qualifications:
- Broad understanding of LIBOR/IBOR transition
- 5+ years' experience/knowledge in project and change management principles, approaches, methodologies, tools and phases of the project lifecycle (both Waterfall and Agile)
- Preferably PMP / Agile Project Management;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Visio, and Microsoft Project desirable
- Strategic thinker with sharp analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Experienced in communicating and influencing a variety of audiences with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Strives to do the "right thing", not just the "easy thing"
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Ability to clearly articulate complex issues concisely and problem-solving skills
- Excellent multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Resilient and tenacious, able to deliver amidst ambiguity and tight timelines.
- Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.