- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 16 Apr 18
Project Manager, ECM Upgrade, Project SAIL
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Project SAIL is a strategic multi-year programme to implement an Oracle automated AML monitoring system within OFSAA. Oracle OFSAA is an industry standard, proven, configurable and scalable system that will ensure that the bank can implement the automated transaction and customer monitoring required to meet the AML policy and increasing regulatory expectations. The project will cover all customers, geographies, transactions and products within SCB over 3+ years.The ECM Upgrade work stream will deliver the migration and upgrade of existing implementation to the latest versions. The workstream is planned to run over the next 1-2 years.
The Project Office Lead for the ECM Upgrade workstream coordinates management of the workstream and provides support to Delivery Manager as required on Project Management related processes while ensuring bank SDF and ePMO, Project SAIL and workstream standards and controls are embedded and complied with.
- Supports the coordination management of workstream as directed by the Deliver Manager.
- Supports the delivery of the workstream in line with the Bank's SDF 2.0 framework aligned to the Inception, Elaboration, Construction, Transition and Closure Phases.
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications to workstream governance and execution where appropriate.
- Ensure all workstream documentation, including deliverables and approvals are stored in a structured discoverable format for aligned with the Project SAIL PMO requirements and the workstream governance.
- Govern artefact standards.
- Deliver all allocated activities to the highest quality standard and call out when this is not the case.
- Prepare, maintain and track quality of key Project SAIL and workstream management tools such as project schedules, risks and issues registers, dependency mapping, budget and forecast, resource plan as mandated by the Project SAIL PMO and workstream governance.
- Provide effective support to the Delivery Manager including meeting scheduling and minute taking, team and stakeholder liaison, representation at meetings, coordination of programme activities.
- Implement governance standards across the workstream, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of workstream deliverables.
- Can have delegated responsibility for the following from the Delivery Manager:
- Managing the Phase Gate framework for the workstream.
- Complying with the Project Governance Policy and the Project Management Standards for Project SAIL and the workstream, and ensuring staff working on the work stream are aware and complying.
- Supporting the FCRMP, Project SAIL and workstream governance bodies and preparing quality materials (ToR, Progress reports, Minutes etc.).
- Ensuring Clarity is up to date including Project static, RAG status, key milestones, financials, risks, dependencies, issues and resource forecasts, and they are tracked and reported to the governance bodies.
- Ensuring that all submissions to committees and working groups (PED, Red packs, Closure Reports, Benefit Reports, Progress Reports, etc.) are of the right quality and are timely.
- Implementing Project closure procedure.
- Review, Control and report on financial status of the individual sub deliveries and overall. workstream as per the bank's standards, Project SAIL and workstream governance.
- Ensure measures - as pert the bank's standards, are in place Project SAIL and workstream governance - for benefits tracking are implemented end-to-end.
People and Talent
- Provide leadership, management and coaching to workstream members to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Support Delivery Manager to ensure your workstream is adequately resourced and staffed by an appropriate number of competent staff sufficiently independent to perform duties objectively, to support the successful delivery of the workstream.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent professional experience.
- Supported medium or large projects (> US$ 1 m) in Project Office or Project Management Office capacity or led smaller projects (<= US$ 1m) as project manager
- Experience in FCC/AML space preferred
Skills & Qualifications
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Project.
- Experience with Clarity and AML Projects preferred.
- General management skills.
- Business and financial analysis skill.
- Self-disciplined and able to self-manage and set goals
- HR management on a basic level (understanding of legislation and procedures)
- Presentation and meeting facilitation skill.
- Negotiation and conflict management skill.
- Report writing and document management.
- Abreast with latest project management knowledge and thinking.