Project Manager - Cyber Security Service
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Cyber Security Services (CSS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank operating under the overall purview of COO Department .
- The CSS team protect the Bank from cyber security threats by delivering effective information security technology services, managing and responding to security incidents to ensure, and support the continuity and growth of Bank's business operations; and meet the both internal and external stakeholders' expectations across 70+ countries and territories, in which SCB operates.
- The importance of our mission has strengthened over time and is a principle concern for shareholders, clients, regulators and the communities we operate in. Our Banks success depends on the Cyber Security Services to maintain the correct balance of security capabilities and risk management across all businesses and functions in SCB's global footprint.
- As part of the Security Transformation Programme within SCB, reporting to the Programme Manager and will focus on the implementation and delivery of Cyber Security projects.
- Be accountable and responsible for managing, planning and day-to-day running of the programme/project
- Ensure a timely delivery with minimal disruption to business operations
- Analyse current and target requirements to achieve a successful optimisation.
- Evaluate complex readiness and supportability by identifying and resolving problems, risks, and issues, coordinate and plan for future requirements.
- Provide input to Business plan to support future opportunities.
- Plan and implement the project plan and schedule.
- Proactively monitoring of project / migration progress, managing risks, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Managing communications and work collaboratively with all stakeholders internally and externally
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces with other related CSS and Technology Services activities and other ITO initiatives
- Ensure compliance to the bank's policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with the bank's project governance structure & update in Clarity, project plans and other project status reports are accurate and up-to-date.
- Ensuring effective quality assurance across the project
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment - A strong & assertive communicator in speaking & writing.
- Strong background in IT Security, and have the ability to convert these into meaningful reporting for senior management
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS):
- Must have previous experience of leading multiple IT Security related projects or programmes
- Very strong all round understanding of technology infrastructure to drive solutioning and target design
- Banking or similar experience at a Large Corporate preferred
- Must have Project Management experience, with ability to initiate and execute a large Project from E2E dealing with disparate functions
- Good knowledge of structured project management methodologies
- Effective leadership and interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate a good balance between detailed and strategic activities
- Self-starter/ motivated/ deals effectively with ambiguity.
- Must have credibility with senior stakeholders and across the project
- Possess negotiation, communication, facilitation, efficient decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Able to demonstrate awareness of business and organisational sensitivities and reflect this in approaches to communicating change
- Project Management formal methodologies - PMP certification is mandatory
- Understanding of Bank's Technology environment (Optional)
- Proficient in excel, power point
- Good knowledge of the ITIL processes
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .