About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Understand requirements and translate into quality technology solutions
- Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders
- Take ownership of technology deliveries from high level requirement through development, testing and deployment
- Provide on-going support to the technology teams as required e.g. authoring / reviewing test cases, closing out open issues / questions, managing change request process etc.
- Identify risks and issues early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Work closely with business users, other project and programme managers and technology stakeholders to ensure all stakeholders are fully engaged and expectations managed
- Delivery focused, committing to specific tasks and ensuring these and the overall projects deadlines are met
- Agile methodology experience a must-have (drive sprint rituals towards delivery, develop self-organizing team culture, write concise user stories with acceptance criteria where needed, etc.)
- Experience in infrastructure rollouts and planning, understanding latest technologies (mentioned in the job purpose section), release management and production support coordination a strong plus
- Experience and understanding of regulatory and control asks across multiple global regulations, front office pricing and market data (pre-trade) a plus
- Ability to lead cross-departmental teams to delivery - without direct reporting line
- Ability to demonstrate cross-functional skills such as test case preparation a plus
- Ability to take ownership of business requirements and manage them through to delivery.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and display strong initiative
- Technical background would be very beneficial, understanding of (ideally functional) programming a plus
- Experience in front office risk systems and e-trading technology a plus
- Derivatives knowledge across asset classes is a plus.
- Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation
- Quantative finance understanding, experience working with analytics libraries and pricing models is a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken)
- Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics. Multicultural awareness.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .