- Permanent, Full time
- LMA Recruitment
- 16 Dec 17
Project Finance Role
Our client is a European Bank, looking to fill a Project Finance role in the Singapore office
Primary Job objectives:
• To act as a strong back-up to the Head of Project Finance, and be able to independently drive / manage transactions from start to completion whilst bearing in mind the Bank’s corporate and risk culture
• Assist the Head of Project Finance in all aspects of his/her job in order to achieve the common goals of the department in terms of new business development, business line P&L targets, portfolio and credit risk monitoring, profitability, risk/reward balance and strategic allocation of resources.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Actively assist/participate in the structuring, arranging, negotiating, syndicating (when required), documenting and closing of Project Finance mandates in Asia Pacific.
• Work with Business Line Head and other team members in submission of credit applications and due diligence requirements.
• Structure and build cash flow based project finance models. Evaluate financial models with the capability to sensitize key inputs and stress test financial covenants. Calculate deal returns and profitability using internal tools and models.
• Prepare documentation, evaluate bid documents, when required. Track progress of projects and escalate issues as appropriate.
• Ensure strong compliance culture and discipline to follow through on Bank’s policies and procedures.
• Prepare origination/marketing materials, including pitch books and institutional presentations.
• Manage relationships and workflow with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including clients, relationship managers, other product partners, risk/credit, legal, tax, compliance and operations.
• Minimum Educational requirement- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or Finance or Engineering
• Total of 8 to 10 years of relevant experience:
• Project Finance transactions job requires knowledge and judgement of transactional and structural risks including credit risks, country & cross-border risk, documentation risk, operational risk, performance risk and market risks.
• Highly analytical with strong quantitative skills
• Strong financial modelling capabilities using Excel and VBA
• Strong credit acumen
• Fluent English (written and spoken). Fluency one other Asian languages will be a plus
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team of professionals
• Familiarity with credit policies and risk approval procedures
EA Reg no: R1657180
EA Licence No.: 11C4684
Company Reg. No.: 201131609D