Project Finance, Energy & Natural Resources
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Singapore , EA Licence No: 11C5502
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Our client is one of the largest European Banks, with presence in 66 countries worldwide. They are looking to hire a Senior Associate (min 5 years exp) or Vice President (min 7 years exp) to join the Reserve Based Finance team. Ideal candidate will need to demonstrate some oil and gas or Mining experience or a Project Finance candidate with strong deal experience.
- 1.1 - Product Technical and Market knowledge: demonstrates a strong knowledge and expertise in structured debt market for corporate entities / corporate clients (relevant expertise may be Corporate Finance, Project Finance, Export Finance, Reserve Based Finance, Trade Finance or Commodities), as well as financial markets overall and their dynamics. Requirement to keep developing this knowledge. Strong structuring, risk assessment and credit analysis skills for financings related to major energy / infrastructure projects. Knowledge of finance structures applied to upstream oil & gas transactions. Excellent understanding of profitability calculations and risk-weighted return analysis. Familiarity with Equator Principles. Highly numerate with expertise in economic modeling and scenario analysis.
- 1.2 - Marketing and Project Execution: excellent communication skills, pro-active in marketing to existing and new clients, developing close commercial relationships, identifying client needs and supporting origination of business opportunities. Primary focus on deal execution, leading individual financing mandates effectively and delivering a timely outcome. High results orientation and working capacities, demonstrating ability to manage multiple work-streams, prioritising and problem-solving as necessary.
- 1.3 - Market Intelligence: Strong linkage with the upstream oil and gas business. Knows the market, the identity of key players, and the needs of each client segment. Direct experience of specific oil & gas financing / advisory transactions is a pre-requisite. Wider knowledge of the energy sector, competing energy sources, and regional energy markets is desirable.
- 1.4 - Cooperation: demonstrate and promote effective team work within the Singapore-based team but also globally, delegating effectively and ensuring communication of relevant information about transactions and client interaction. Good cooperation with key related departments including Client Coverage, Markets, Syndications, Credit, Operations, Insurance, Legal and Compliance, as well as other partners and including support functions (MO, BO, IT etc. Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in meeting internal policies and procedures and when interacting with clients and colleagues.
- 1.5 - Reporting and Transparency: Regular reporting of work activities to management, results/achievements but also impediments/issues, immediately raising internal or external incidents if they occur. Reports all client meetings to all necessary parties/stakeholders.
- 1.6 - Operational risk management and Compliance with internal guidelines: Refers to department guidelines (GFLI Handbook) and seeks to avoid to entering into transactions that contravene product underwriting standards (Oil & Gas / RBF CO-RISQ). Understands relevant local rules and regulations and complies with all internal guidelines (notably KYC, credit process, client take-on procedures, appropriate legal documentation and regulatory requirements, RARORC guidelines, timely and appropriate booking of transactions, regulatory reporting, continuous supervision etc...), but also all the other general business guidelines such as gift and entertainment policy, information security guidelines and restrictions versus external or internal communication (especially when dealing with any confidential or private information, Chinese walled transactions, deal trees…) etc…
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financing and advisory mandates for corporate clients in the Asia Pacific region, related to their financing needs and specific development projects, as well as other related products such as commodity hedging, rates hedging etc
- Enlarge and diversify current loan portfolio of RBF team in Asia, closing specific financing transactions and thereby increasing market share, widening client base and developing the RBF franchise in the region
- Identify and originate business opportunities, both with new and existing clients in the region
- Build and develop close stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
- Direct and measurable contribution to meeting department budget targets, managing costs and maintaining profitability
- Cooperation with other teams with SG in Asia but also globally, notably Coverage/Relationship Managers, Markets, Syndication, Credit, Legal, Compliance, etc...)
- Educate, train, support, and manage junior members of the team
- Ensure the activity is performed responsibly and appropriately, in compliance with internal guidelines as mentioned above
- Min 5 or 7 years of experience in Corporate Finance, Project Finance, Export Finance, Reserve Based Finance, Trade Finance or Commodities
- Ideal candidate will need to demonstrate some Oil and Gas or Mining experience or a Project Finance candidate with strong deal experience.