Job Reference #209904BR
You'll be working in the UBS Optimus Foundation Singapore office, an award-winning, expert grant-making foundation that helps UBS clients use their wealth to drive positive social change for children. In 2018 UBS Optimus Foundation granted around CHF 80m to programs in child health, education and child protection around the world, predominantly in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
You will be part of a small entrepreneurial team shaping and growing Optimus's work in China and the South East Asia region. In Asia, you will be working closely with the Singapore and Hong Kong based client philanthropy advisor team. You will be part of the Philanthropic program team, headed in Zurich with team members based in Hong Kong, Beijing, Singapore, Zurich, London and New York. Your expertise
• degree or PhD in international development, MBA or in UBS Optimus Foundation relevant topics
• at least 10 years' work experience. Significant portion of work experience in global development in ideally China, potentially South East Asia
• grant-making and/or program management experience, good understanding of innovations and best practices in grant-making and philanthropy
• significant experience and networks in the area of global development, especially in the China region
• may have previous experience working with private philanthropists or private investors, or in management consulting
• entrepreneurial and excited to work in a start-up phase of an organization, comfortable with uncertainty
• a strong analytical and qualitative problem-solver; able to quickly get up to speed on a new area, identify issues and key focus areas
• comfortable working with a wide range of partners including UBS Optimus colleagues, UBS bank colleagues, clients, grantees and other development stakeholders
• team-oriented, flexible working style, able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• desirous to work in a dynamic, cooperative environment in which there is an emphasis on teamwork, adaptability, and continuous learning and improvement
• possessing a superior work ethic; willing to work in a high demand environment both proactively and independently
• willing to travel 25%-35%
• fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese About us
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us? Join us
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now. Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.