Professional System Analyst
Job Description: Essential Job Functions
- Designs and implements new methods, procedures, and systems (both automated and manual) to improve the processing and flow of information within the company.
- Develops and provides documentation of the system specifications, including system scripts, system installation procedures, system backup and recovery techniques and system test methods.
- Conducts and provides cost/benefit analyses for new proposed program modifications, methods, and procedures.
- Analyzes, installs and configures applications; troubleshoots network problems, and monitors and evaluates system performance.
- Establishes operational databases, software configuration controls and system interfaces for computer system(s) assigned.
- Maintains file servers and network access; documents and analyzes system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance.
- Prepares systems for operational use and supports operational tests.
- Assists clients in articulating and defining their business requirements and assists in preparing the business case justification for technical investment decisions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Three or more years of system analysis or systems development experience
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate systems analysis
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Office environment
- May require shift work