Production Support Specialist
- SGD75000 - SGD90000 per annum
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 03C5451
- 13 May 19
An exciting Production Support Specialist job has just become available in a leading financial institution, based in Singapore.
About the Production Support Specialist Role:
In this technology critical role, you are someone with strong technical solutions implementation skills, and is able to provide IT support and deal with business users.
- Primarily supports the production platform, carrying out monitoring and remediation of issues and specific maintenance tasks as per the runbook procedures
- Logs and tracks manual tasks for automation through to completion
- Implements technical and functional solutions as provided by Development/Production Engineers
- Aid with analysis of the Production platform to identify performance and resiliency enhancements
- Ability to track and report project/task progress, risks, issues, dependencies and performance. Facilitates project meetings, workshops and supporting documentation
- Designs, tests, and documents simple programs, or scripts and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered Application or platform
- Configures the application, in response to Business and/or Technical problems and in accordance with provided requirements and agreed design principles
To succeed in this Production Support Specialist job, you must have strong knowledge in Linux/Unix and Oracle.
- More than six years' working experience in financial institution in providing IT support and dealing with business users on support or requirement gathering
- Getting things done in large organisations - understanding of where to use processes and how to build and operate a network
- Ability to provide out of hours coverage as needed
- Work across countries, regions and time zones with a broad range of cultures and technical capability
- Experience working with virtual and global teams
- Broad ITIL / best practice service context within a real time distributed environment (ITIL v3 foundation certificate desired)
- Ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies.
- Experience with using UNIX, Linux, Wintel, Perl/Shell scripting, as well as ability to write SQL to extract and patch data in Sybase and Oracle databases. Familiarity with JAVA and .Net
- Experience of Monitoring tools such as Geneos
- A Computer Science or MIS degree holder (Additional qualifications in financial field is desired)
- Proactive and able to work independently
This leading financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in its field of expertise.
If you are driven and want to take your career forward, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767250 Luciano Loke