Product Pricing Executive (12 months contract)
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering our employees with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife Pricing Department is seeking a self-motivated fresh graduate/junior actuary, who is obsessed with numbers and analytical by nature, to be part of the Special Quotation (SQ) and Servicing Team. This is a 12 months' contract, with possibility of extension/conversion to permanent. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess over numbers and over building a good foundation of actuarial technical knowledge and analytical skills
- You are determined to gain greater actuarial exposure and build your career as an actuary
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
Nice to Haves:
- Keen interest in developing themselves and gaining exposure as an actuary
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Good basic knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, Power Point)
On the job your main responsibilities include:
- Good progress on actuarial exams
- Knowledge of AXIS software
Our commitment to you
- Custom pricing for high-net worth clients keen on purchasing our universal life, participating, non-participating and/or investment-linked products.
- You will need to work with our actuarial model (i.e. AXIS) to obtain the financial impacts and recommend an offer for the client which optimizes premium competitiveness and company profitability.
- Handling actuarial policy servicing requests which includes but is not limited to :
- Generation of post-sales illustrations under various scenarios and/or special new business policy illustrations;
- Verifying values in our systems/models to ensure accuracy;
- Providing solutions to address any issues faced by our policyholders or stakeholders.
- Involvement in product pricing projects, guided by a senior team member.
- Exposed to product discussions with various stakeholders such as Product and Systems Development teams
- Update and enhance sales illustration templates
- Build and update AXIS and excel pricing models
- UAT testing
- Ad-hoc pricing tasks as assigned.
- Our mission: to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .