Product Owner - nexus (Origination)
SC Ventures ("SCV") was established in March of 2018 with the purpose of "Rewiring the DNA in Banking" by bringing three distinct areas together:
The eXellerator labs, enabling innovation at large in the Bank by supporting:
Entrepreneurially-minded colleagues as "Intrapreneurs", developing ideas to products, services or new business models.
Collaboration with fintech companies, supported by the SC Ventures FintechBridge, Proof of Concept ("POC") framework and POC funding.
Client engagement on co-creation activities.
The Innovation Investment Fund ("Fund"), USD100m allocated to acquire minority stakes in fintech companies ("fintechs") whose technology has been successfully validated in the Group and is progressing to production (i.e., continuing use), subject to commercial due diligence.
Venture building, exploring new business models ("ventures"), with the objective of providing 'optionality' for the Group in the way it engages existing and new customers and markets. These adopt a start-up model, operating independently of the Group's existing businesses, funded in a venture capital fashion, and under a different governance and risk management framework.
There are c.65 team members (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Group's support functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London and San Francisco. Want to join the nexus team shaking things up in the banking world? We're looking for fun, hardworking, results-oriented individuals to join nexus, the team responsible for Standard Chartered's brand new, Banking-as-a-Service solution. Product owner for onboarding and authentication will support functional delivery of nexus products, working closely with Senior POs and Group Lead in SCRUM sprints. Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Senior Product Owners delivering functional capability for nexus products including digital onboarding, acquisition and authentication to support managing the customer lifecycle experience
- Support the PO with user stories writing, including detailed acceptance criteria
- Work closely with technology, service, risk and analytics to establish user story requirements for the SCRUM team
- Work closely with other technical teams within the bank and partners to establish functional documentation such as SLAs and interface specs
- Support the POs with documentation related to vendor onboarding, vendor management
- Able to drive continuous enhancement to a process and to a user experience using a data driven approach
- Always works with the end user in mind and delivering the best possible experience and outcome to users.
- Support business impact analysis for new and existing bank processed impacted by nexus banking Knowledge and Skills
- 4 years of experience in Agile projects would be an advantage
- 4 - 8 years of work experience in digital banking / technology / fintech / start-up would be an advantage
- You have experience in managing project documentation such as user stories and test scenarios with collaboration tools
- You are resilient and able to fail, learn and bounce back.
- You have experience and strong affinity to deliver an end to end proposition and experience to users.
- You plan, design and lead discovery and validation sessions with various stakeholders. You represent the business team to manage the backlog delivery .
- You are detail oriented when defining scope, personas, epics, features, user stories and acceptance criteria
- You maintain a high level of initiative and think out of the box.
- Ideas are great, but execution is king. You are hands-on in validating your assumptions and are able to rally stakeholders behind your ideas and execution plan.
- You are an independent, proactive and strong team player. You seek guidance when needed, are open to feedback and you challenge your colleagues.
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- You are familiar with Agile/Scrum methodology and have experience as a Product Owner.
- You preferably have domain knowledge and experience in Customer Journey Mapping, CDD/KYC/Authentication processes, Software Delivery or Data Analytics.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.