We are looking to recruit a Product Manager within the Securities Trading team. The Securities Trading team is responsible for the P&L of the Cash Equities and Securities Product business with main responsibilities of leading core initiatives to drive the business for secondary trading. We work closely with internal stakeholders from the equity capital markets, research and retail intermediaries, global sales and origination, as well as SGX Regco, operations and technology colleagues, to promote our cash market and deliver platform and product initiatives.
This role requires an individual self-starter contributor and team player and holds business development as well as P&L responsibilities.
Manage the Singapore equities market portfolio by formulating tactical and long-term strategic initiatives to grow trading liquidity. Work closely with SGX teams (Markets, Global Sales & Origination, Research & Retail Intermediaries and Data Analytics team) to execute and capture business opportunities.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Develop trading insights regarding the Singapore cash market that caters to different strategies for different client types such as portfolio construction, passive and active trading strategies.
- Develop market maker and liquidity provider programs to bolster activity from key client groups such as active traders in the Singapore cash market.
- Have an understanding of execution metrics, algo and DMA usage in the Asia equity markets as well as client needs across algos and high-touch to ensure that SGX is positioned to deliver this from both market policy and trading infrastructure standpoint.
- Generate sales and marketing materials to institutional clients combining both portfolio and execution metrics.
- Understand competitive landscape by gathering marketplace information, pricing, and analysing new products & platform features.
- Understand market structure and regulation in Asia.
- Meet with trading desk clients and prospects to market Singapore cash equities and leverage on relationship to onboard new clients and brokers.
- The individual will also have a unique learning opportunity to work with our Securities Product team (ETFs, Warrants, Leveraged Certificates) to work with product issuers on new listings, develop product marketing content, and manage product campaigns with a view to increase distribution and turnover.
- Has at least 8-10 years of working experience in the areas of equities execution trading or brokering
- Possess strong business acumen with significant experience in product management / development across various asset classes. Ideally, he / she should also bring new experience in developing innovative, efficient securities and asset service offerings, considering the current state of the market and its market participants.
- Possess an effective balance of strategic vision and tactical experience. He / she should be a self-starter, prepared to initiate necessary internal and external relationships, processes and planning.
- Possess strong multi-level communications skills and be savvy in building strong business relationships within SGX and across SGX’ market participants and other external stakeholders.
- The candidate is ideally able to use the available information sources independently, e.g. the ones accessible via SQL or Excel Power Pivot.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure