Product Lead - SCVentures
SC Ventures ("SCV") was established in March of 2018 with the purpose of "Rewiring the DNA in Banking" by bringing three distinct areas together:
The eXellerator labs, enabling innovation at large in the Bank by supporting:
Entrepreneurially-minded colleagues as "Intrapreneurs", developing ideas to products, services or new business models.
Collaboration with fintech companies, supported by the SC Ventures FintechBridge, Proof of Concept ("POC") framework and POC funding.
Client engagement on co-creation activities.
The Innovation Investment Fund ("Fund"), USD100m allocated to acquire minority stakes in fintech companies ("fintechs") whose technology has been successfully validated in the Group and is progressing to production (i.e., continuing use), subject to commercial due diligence.
Venture building, exploring new business models ("ventures"), with the objective of providing 'optionality' for the Group in the way it engages existing and new customers and markets. These adopt a start-up model, operating independently of the Group's existing businesses, funded in a venture capital fashion, and under a different governance and risk management framework.
There are c.65 team members (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Group's support functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London and San Francisco. Responsibilities:
• Lead a multidisciplinary team from project inception to scoping, design, concept testing and delivery
• Support a portfolio of ventures/early stage business models define their product strategy & roadmap
• Act as the product owner to the ventures as they go through rounds of funding & growth.
Define and manage the product strategy, whilst also support execution across the portfolio
• Be the voice of the customer in the definition of your product/service, and collaborate with other product
owners to converge on a broader coherent proposition
• Provide insights into product, technology and market trends, pre-empting imminent disruptions and identifying
opportunities for acceleration
• Work with UI/UX teams to gain an understanding of user personas, pain points and journeys
• Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
• Support your portfolio lead with developing and monitoring budgets for project delivery
• Assist in developing the economic model, business plan and operating model for your proposition
• Design, monitor and report on product KPIs
• Facilitate the build and testing of operational processes, systems and reporting capabilities Requirements:
• Digital industry experience (preferable FinTech) and/or product/service development
• Product Ownership experience in a technology/start-up environment
• Experience of building new products at early-stage ventures through to launch
• A bachelor's degree in a technical or design discipline
• Strong understanding of mobile and web technologies
• A strong customer focus and a natural inclination to let empirical research define and inform product/service
• Hands on experience with agile development methodologies
• An ability to think strategically and creatively
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional teams
• The ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines and influence through written and verbal communication
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.