We are looking for an exceptionally smart and a proactive individual to lead buying and overseeing the operational support activities for our client within the IT Services and Consulting sphere.
- Execute Buying activities as requested by our customers.
- Ensure all day to day functions and tasks of the buying and support teams are carried out with due care
- Seek advice or escalate any new or unusual issue to the Procurement Services Director
- Respond and manage customer’s and supplier’s escalations.
- Make sure weekly reports are delivered to our customers or to management upon request.
- Maintain effective communications with the other departments in Delivery as well as Finance, Legal, HR etc
- Evaluate team performances and conduct regular 121s.
- Attend the scheduled Team meetings with Procurement Services Director
- Manage team holiday requests and ensure appropriate coverage during busy periods.
- Make sure all the processes are followed and introduce new ones when necessary.
- Amend existing processes when requested with the aim to improve process flow and comply to company governance and policies.
- Attend meetings with our quality management team and participate to audits.
- Stay current and up to date on market changes that may affect the supply and demand of products and materials and advise the team of any changes.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the IT industry in a similar role or within reselling procurement services.
- Experience in managing suppliers’ interactions and customers’ relationships
- Ideally some experience in reviewing contracts.
- General knowledge of distributors, publishers and products in the IT industry
- Confident in the entire procurement process from quote to invoice
If you or anyone within your network is keen to discuss it then please share your resume with firstname.lastname@example.org