At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work;
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed;
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make;
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best.
The Asia Pacific Origination team originates investments for M&G across the Asia Pacific region in assets classes which require origination, predominantly:
- Private credit: including leveraged finance, real estate, structured credit and infrastructure;
- Private equity;
- Public securitisation.
The team was established in late 2019, and have been extremely active, having completed numerous investments and having deployed nearly USD 1bn.
The roles is to be a Private Analyst working within the Asia Pacific Origination team. This will involve working within deal teams to originate and analyse investments for a variety of M&G’s funds, across a range of different asset classes.
Key Work Level Accountabilities: Experienced Colleague
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Work within deal teams to originate APAC investment opportunities with a focus on analysis of the investments
- Work with fund management teams in London to provide investment recommendations
- Working with the origination team in Singapore to maintain relationships with key counterparties
- Build strong relationships across the business, particularly with fund managers, the analysis teams and the rest of the global origination team
- Provide support to the distribution teams in Asia through providing investment based product knowledge
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in investment analysis
- Experience working in any of the following areas will be beneficial:
- Securitisation – particularly in Asia Pacific;
- Property company credit – particularly in China or Asia pacific more broadly;
- Mainland China credit market;
- Private equity analysis.
- CFA or equivalent qualification preferred but not required
- High proficiency in both written and spoken English and Mandarin, to support our Asia Pacific markets, with strong communication skills in both internal and external (companies and clients) environments
- Be a team player with ability to work with colleagues from different functions and business units, and in a culturally diverse environment
- Have the ability to analyse financial information to provide quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Adopt innovative thinking and the ability to work with investment opportunities in new sectors or jurisdictions
- Proactive nature – willingness to read widely (FT, business publications), consider companies / industries / products as part of daily life, and taking this information suggest potential investment ideas/areas of future analysis
- Ability to work in a small team environment with an emphasis on frequent and informal communication.
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others – Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.