Leading Global Healthcare Investments PE Firm looking to hire a senior Investment professional to join their team in their newly-opened Singapore office.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRINCIPAL/ VICE-PRESIDENT (HEALTHCARE INVESTMENTS)
Our client is a widely respected global healthcare investments PE firm managing an AUM in excess of USD 2Bn.
Backed by a set of prominent global investors, they have achieved an impressive investment track record for nearly a decade across the entire healthcare spectrum, including (but not limited to) therapeutics, medical devices and emerging healthcare services/ delivery platforms.
The firm prides itself on a collaborative, innovative and nurturing culture, built on a bedrock of strong values and ethics. With offices in the United States and Greater China, the company has continued to flourish despite challenging macroeconomic conditions. On the back of a recent successful fund raise, they are expanding their presence in Asia by setting a new management office in Singapore and would like to bring in their pioneer hire for the team, a Principal or Vice-President (VP) in their investments team.
Working with the Managing Partners, Managing Director and regional colleagues, the Principal/VP (Investments) shall be involved in the following:
- Participate in the sourcing, evaluation and closing of healthcare investments across Asia Pacific
- Portfolio monitoring and responding to investor queries where required
- Network with the entrepreneurial, investment, industrial and academic communities
B) Value Creation
- Work closely with the senior management teams of portfolio companies to drive value-creation initiatives through multi-dimensional operational improvements e.g. restructuring of business models, key executive team hiring etc.
- Liaise with relevant governmental and regulatory bodies to advance the expansion interests of the firm and their portfolio companies
C) Leadership and Teamwork
- Participate in recruitment efforts to grow the Singapore office
- Help to coach and mentor global junior members of the Investments Team
- Contribute to firm-wide team-building activities
Qualifications / Experience
- Advanced academic qualifications (i.e. Masters or Ph.D. level) and strong professional credentials in the fields of Life Sciences, Medicine, Biomedicine, Biotechnology or Pharmacy is strongly preferred.
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience gained in the healthcare and medical research sectors, healthcare investments or healthcare – focused management consulting sectors
- Familiarity and deep interest in the developments in the biotechnology and biomedical fields
- Possess sound networks of industry contacts (investors, advisors, regulators etc) for sourcing and evaluating investments as well as value-enhancement initiatives.
- Proficient in financial modelling, financial statement analysis, accounting principles, equity markets and equity valuation.
- High level of communication skills in both English and Mandarin (fluent level) due to the regular need to engage senior Chinese stakeholders (including colleagues and portfolio companies)
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with mastery of Excel and Powerpoint
- Attention to detail and concern for accuracy
- Energetic and motivated team player with strong work ethic
Kindly send your updated CV to Sang-Chin BOH at firstname.lastname@example.org for our consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussions.