Principal, Strategic Planning
Who we are
For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $15 billion in revenues and over 48,700 employees worldwide.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
What we are doing
- Managing the custody and/or administration of over $35.8 trillion in financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing over $1.9 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth manager ($259 billion assets)
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms, and wealth managers (over $1.9 trillion in client assets)
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion)
In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a number of leading financial technology companies and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums.
Development opportunities for you
A global strategy team was launched a year ago by the Chairman and CEO to help develop and implement BNY Mellon's long-term objectives, shape external partnerships and alliances, and respond to the increasingly dynamic financial services ecosystem.
The team plays a central role in the building of BNY Mellon's global strategy and narrative. The team works with senior leaders to help shape the initiatives that build into the Bank's overall strategic priorities. In addition, the strategy function leads an inter-disciplinary portfolio of corporate and business priorities on themes such as growth, innovation, efficiency, and resiliency among others. The group also takes the lead in developing external partnerships with clients, technology and data companies, and industry alliances. This group is charged with developing strategy, incubating enterprise opportunities, and driving execution in partnership with businesses and other functions.
The function aspires to be a talent incubator for the Bank by providing exceptional developmental opportunities for high-potential colleagues. The team is located in all of BNY Mellon's regional hubs - New York, London, and Singapore - and operates as a truly global function.
Team members will play a significant and senior role in shaping its priorities and operating model within the global bank. They will have unparalleled exposure to the senior leadership of BNY Mellon, its clients, and other influential industry stakeholders. Recent joiners are from other leading financial institutions, consultancies, and financial technology companies.
We are currently looking to hire a Principal in Singapore.
- Helps develop, shape, and articulate BNY Mellon's global strategy and narrative across the Bank and within each individual business line
- Partners with Executive Team to capture business opportunities across the Bank, assess relative value and sequencing, and track and support execution (i.e., 'rapid response' team for important projects)
- Runs key annual strategy processes (e.g., Investor Day, Annual Report)
- Provides solutions/recommendations for complex business initiatives across the Bank and within each individual business line where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives
Business development & incubation
- Works with individual business and functional leaders to help shape their priorities and connect into Bank-wide strategic narrative and priorities
- Identifies opportunities and helps develop strategic external partners (e.g., with large clients, technology companies, other industry stakeholders)
- Utilizes comprehensive knowledge of multiple areas across disciplines to achieve project objectives
- Helps source and incubate cross-business/new business ventures (e.g., in the data space)
The ideal candidate would have a passion for and track record in:
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Primary Location:
- Being entrepreneurial and self-directed - being able to take a conceptual business challenge from an initial set of facts and hypotheses to real, practical solutions
- Working closely with and counseling senior business leaders with the objective of being a trusted advisor
- Being intellectually curious and interested in the future of financial services and shaping an industry through one of its major stakeholders
- Defining analytical frameworks for visioning and assessing strategic options
- Managing complexity and leading multiple projects with an unrelenting focus and prioritization
- Being a thoughtful communicator who can express complex ideas in simple, practical terms for a wide range of audiences
- Bringing a global mindset and working across a diverse set of environments
- Providing solutions/recommendations for complex business initiatives across the Bank and within each individual business line where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives
- Utilizing comprehensive knowledge of multiple areas across disciplines to achieve project objectives
- 7-10 years of related experience preferred; experience in management consulting and/or wholesale banking preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Strategy Internal Jobcode:
Strategy Global-HR17285 Requisition Number: