Principal Research Analyst
IHS Markit is hiring a Principal Research Analyst to join us in our Singapore office!
The Principal Analyst functions as a core member of the Asia Pacific Climate and Sustainability team. This role is primarily to assist in the creation of original, high-quality insights and research on natural gas and LNG markets in Southeast Asia.
The Principal Analyst will also support IHS Markit research events, sales activities and will interact with clients by phone and through in-person meetings. Responsibilities
- Actively lead research activities. Independently frame research topics, develop and write papers associated with natural gas and LNG markets in Southeast Asia. Present analysis to clients to assist them in their business activities.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in Southeast Asia. Lead quarterly market and data updates, track key trends with a focus on policies, regulations, supply, demand, infrastructure, and pricing by conducting primary research either through public sources or direct interaction with key players to acquire and verify risks and opportunities in the energy landscape.
- Lead consulting activities and engagements. Deliver projects relating to natural gas and LNG, assist in business development and maintain relationships with clients.
- Support data collation and analytics. Become proficient users of various IHS Markit Energy databases and analytical tools to create bespoke research and consulting offerings.
- Support sales and marketing activities. Jointly participate in pitches with our account managers to new prospects. Respond to clients related questions of varying complexity on natural gas and LNG by providing deep subject matter expertise.
- The ideal candidate will have about 7 - 10 years of work experience in natural gas and LNG markets, preferably in Southeast Asia.
- Experience in energy modeling is beneficial.
- Experience in a consulting environment is beneficial.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant areas, e.g. economics, business, engineering, etc.
- Preference to be given to advanced degree holders.
- Self-starter with good time management, organization and problem-solving skills, with an ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Requires effective verbal and written communication in English and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak and read in languages spoken in Southeast Asia would be advantageous.
- Proficiency of MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with Power Queries, database tools and PowerBI will be viewed positively.
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all coworkers in region and out of region.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.