We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst/Principal Agile Analyst who has a strong domain working experience supporting back office operations in the Finance Asset Management industry e.g. asset managers, custodians and fund administration.
You will manage your own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contribute to the continuous improvement of the agile team.
This role will be based in Singapore at our CapitaGreen office.
You will be part of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member is aligned to a single Capability and, while the Agile Analyst’s core contribution will be leading the analysis and design aspects of software development, they also significantly contribute to development and testing activities.
What you’ll do
- Support Capability [Product] Owners and Epic Owners/ Analysts to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Capability team are suitably well defined and structured
- Lead analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
- Contributing to the analysis, development, build and testing of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
- Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the ‘working system’ definition of done within agreed sprint
- Accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met
- Work with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
- Support the System Team in readiness for the System Demo
- Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
- Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Dev, Test)
- Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
- Supporting the development of the wider GT organisation through leadership of communities, guilds or key involvement in other non-core activities
- Conduct and lead business requirements gathering workshops
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Strong working knowledge with back office processes such as trade confirmation, settlement, reconciliation, corporate actions, cash management, portfolio accounting, valuation and reporting will be valuable.
- Working knowledge on financial instrument and processing characteristics of products such as Equities; Fixed Income; FX products such as, FX, NDF; Derivatives – Rates and Credits, CFD
- Exposure to investment operations and portfolio performance & attribution is an advantage.
- Working system knowledge of systems such as Simcorp Dimension (Preferred) , Portia, Hi-portfolio, SWIFT, Eagle PACE, Sungard Intellimatch, BlackRock Aladdin
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe
- Wide experience of business analysis across a number of different capabilities, systems or teams; number of different (positive) experiences is valued higher than length of experience
- High level of technical skill in use of business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development
- Knowledge and experience of using various testing tools
What you’ll be like
- Degree graduate with at least 4 - 6 years’ of relevant experience as a Business Analyst / Principal Agile Analyst.
- Enjoy working with global counterparts, colleagues and stakeholders and sensitive to cultural differences, time zones etc.
- Working experience in agile methodology e.g. sprint planning, backlog grooming, story writing
- Extensive knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
- Excellent understanding of the business context of the Capabilities
- Excellent ability to communicate how the work [features and stories] delivered by the Capability teams contributes to Epics
- Passionate about mastering and innovating best practice in business analysis
- Inspiring and collaborative leader, model of agile leadership approach
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement
Desirable technical skills
- Certified Safe Agilist (SA) preferred
- Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC) and business analysis (such as ISEB) are preferred
- CBAP / CFA or Agile practitioner is preferred