Portfolio Compliance Investment Guidelines Vice President - SNG
- Not Specified
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global group which sits within Global Fund and Accounting Services (GFAS), one of the core functions within the Business Operations Group at BlackRock. Investment Guidelines Compliance within PCG is responsible for implementing controls and processes as well as monitoring compliance, to ensure we are compliant with all applicable regulatory and portfolio issued guidelines.
The Investment Guidelines Compliance (IGC) team in Singapore is primarily responsible for monitoring the client’s investment guidelines utilizing BlackRock’s proprietary compliance system, Aladdin. PCG monitors compliance restrictions that are implemented into the system using BlackRock Query Language (BQL), which is similar to SQL.
The monitoring of compliance restrictions / breaches are conducted both on pre and post-trade basis. The team ensures timely resolution as required. PCG directly interact with client relationship teams, portfolio management teams and traders, to ensure that the investments in the portfolios adhere to the client’s guidelines.
The specific role, based in Singapore, will be focused on Investment Guidelines Compliance activities for the APAC business. This role will report to the IGC regional lead in Singapore and will be critical in supporting the global function and the firm.
• Pre-trade violation investigation and investment restriction overrides
• Post-trade violation investigation, proactive escalation and resolution
• Oversight of outsourced testing
• Client certifications / attestations
• Partner with the IGC APAC team mates and ensure execution of the team’s strategy
• Understand and own the risks associated with the IGC global team
• Ensure procedure documents are up-to-date and team is following the process
• Challenge the status quo and identify opportunities for process enhancements
• Champion diversity & inclusion
• Enhance existing compliance coding, and investigate / troubleshoot potential breaches when needed
• Active participation in strategic projects and initiatives
• Drive connectivity with other locations and partner with peers globally in each of the regional IGC teams
• Growth and development within a truly global team and firm
• Exposure to multiple business groups and investment products across BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions globally
• Daily interaction with key business partners (Onboarding, Portfolio Management, Client relationship teams, Legal and Compliance, Technology and Operations, and external clients) across the globe
• Opportunity to take responsibility and ownership for both individual projects and team goals
• Visibility in being a service champion for PCG with both internal and external clients
• Exposure to global regulatory jurisdictions and frameworks
• Service champion for both Business Operations and GFAS
Knowledge / Experience:
• Significant operational experience
• Multiple years of experience in managing stakeholders
• Experience of active participation in projects
• Client centric focus with a deep understanding of client intent
• Experience of working in the investment management industry and of investment products preferred
• Experience of coding in SQL preferred
• Comfortable working across multiple functions, geographies and stakeholders with maturity and judgement
• A strong drive, sense of ownership and sense of urgency
Skills / Qualifications:
• Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
• Strong knowledge of the Aladdin platform or other trading platform, preferred
• Although not required, knowledge of programming languages (such as Visual Basic, C++, or Java) and an understanding of relational database concepts (including SQL) are beneficial
• Technical mindset to understand BQL coding
• Strong communication skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills
• Ability to self-manage workloads and work to deadlines
• Good team player
• Attention to detail
• Pro-active approach to issue resolution
• Ability to manage complexity and stress and work in a highly challenging environment
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.