An established commodities house is at an exciting growth phase expanding their Polymer presence across Asia. They are currently looking to have on board an experienced and motivated professional to join their operations team. You will manage the whole procedure of operations, which includes handling and managing shipping documents as well as managing all necessary documents for L/C application and bank negotiation, liaising with counter-parties to ensure smooth order fulfilment after a trade has been confirmed.
- Support the Polymer Trading team in operations and trade finance functions such as drafting/issuing LC & negotiation of documents
- Prepare sales contracts and purchase orders, as well as vet counter-party trade contracts
- Manage and prepare shipping documents for presentation
- Ensure smooth operation from load port to destination, liaise between counter-parties and stakeholders
- Execute post shipment operations including demurrage, AR/AP, freight calculations and running costs for whole shipment.
- Coordinate and facilitate complaints/claims to ensure proper resolution.
- Maintain Deal Summary and P&L
- Ensure that Agents/Representatives and customers adhere to all contracted commitments.
- Develop a systematic process for tracking orders and deliver prompt and efficient service to customers.
- 7 to 15 years of operations experience in established trading firms
- Good technical competencies in container logistics, UCP600, letter of credit, customer relationship management
- Strong in trade operations in the Polymer space
- Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin