Point72 Quantitative Alpha Researcher
Interns and Entry Level
Systematic Investing | Finance/Accounting | Data Science
About Cubist Cubist Systematic Strategies is one of the world's premier investment firms. The Firm deploys systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple liquid asset classes, including equities, futures, and foreign exchange. The core of our effort is rigorous research into a wide range of market anomalies, fueled by our unparalleled access to a wide range of publicly available data sources.
Role Quantitative alpha research requires mastery of multiple domains. The best research requires original research ideas, good intuition, strong data analysis skills, and good research planning. Our research directly drives our investment decisions. This role is highly selective. We have a long history of training extraordinarily talented academic researchers to succeed in the investment services industry. Prior experience in the financial services industry is not required.
- Conduct original quantitative alpha signal research
- Manage all aspects of the research process, including hypothesis development, data collection and analysis, hypothesis testing and alpha discovery, trading strategy generation, backtesting, portfolio analysis, and production management
- Evaluate new datasets for alpha potential
- Follow, digest, analyze and improve upon the latest academic research
- Ph.D. or M.S. in finance, accounting, economics
- Programming in any of the following: R, Python, or C++.
- Experience with SQL.
- Solid research experience in the field of the candidate's specialty.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- A voracious intellectual curiosity.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new methodologies to empirical research.
- Willingness to take ownership of his/her work.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Strong desire to deliver high quality results in a timely fashion.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry is not required.
We're looking for exceptional colleagues with unparalleled passion. If you'd like your resume to stand out, tell us about your exceptional personal achievements, even if they have nothing to do with finance. Of course we love to hear more about specific engineering or data projects that you've worked outside of school, or as part of your curriculum. If you're proud of the work you did we want to hear about it. In addition to exceptional statisticians and engineers, we work with talented musicians, writers, mathematicians, and founders of non-profits; we'd love to learn more about what excites you.
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.