Platform Architect, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Purpose
- The selected candidate is required to take on the solution architect role and manage the solution analysis, design and engineering work related to CBGT
- Provide solution architecture and design specifications for Business & Tech initiatives
- Work with business and tech stakeholders on alignment of requirements and solution design to ensure reuse
- Align to enterprise architecture principles and standards & make sure the design and solutions adhere to organization design principles
- Provide strong governance controls over the technology environment, in accordance with established standards and procedures
- As the solution architect, you are responsible to understand the requirements, analyse the functional delivery, define specification, designing, writing, debugging and testing
- Ability to provide insights and guidance to the team with best software design practices and techniques.
- Ability to direct the team from concept, solution design to testing and implementation.
- Adhere to corporate standards, policies and architectural direction in developing the software
- Participate in requirements analysis and be able to make risk assessments of larger system design and come up with alternative designs
- Research in new 3rd party/open source libraries, new technologies
- Evaluate and communicate technical risk and ensure applications are delivered against a schedule with the highest quality
- As part of the team, you will be called upon to design and document the solution over the entire product/application design
- Working with enterprise architect, data modeller, business analyst, engineering and End Users within organization
- Responsible for mentoring junior developers
- In-depth industry and academic knowledge with minimum 10 years proven experience in process analysis and design
- Minimum 7 years' hands on experience using modelling tools for process and end-to-end solution design.
- Development experience in Java/Scala and pride in producing clean, maintainable code
- Proficient in tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus
- Strong understanding of Distributed systems
- Knowledge and experience on how data and application are integrated with business processes, policies and regulations
- Knowledge in risk and governance concepts
- Highly organized and structured thinking and ability to understand and synthesize unstructured information
- Proven ability and experience in data transformation tool training, internal awareness and cross team engagements
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Analytical thinking and ability to understand and synthesize unstructured information
- Knowledge around business process modelling, Information Systems analysis and design, enterprise technology and data modelling
- Strong team player with management skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.