Planning Engineer, Mobile Core Engineering
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020 Responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate should have/be:
- Lead in the planning and project management of new or existing mobile core network, including technology selection, capacity planning, service rollout and service performance improvement, etc.
- Work with stakeholders in Product Development, Marketing and Engineering in the requirements compilation and clarification, and lead in discussions on new emerging technologies.
- Perform technical and financial feasibility studies on potential Mobile technologies and services.
- Lead in preparation of tender specifications, evaluation of tender from both a technical and commercial standpoint, and project manage the implementation of mobile core systems.
- Plan the near- and long-term network architecture and capacity needs.
- Engage in commercial and technical negotiation with existing and potential vendors.
- Engage regional counterparts to identify and realise cost and operational synergies.
- Manage vendor(s) during the project implementation
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Degree in Engineering majoring in Computer Science, IP networking or telecommunications/mobile communication.
- Working experience in computer networking or the telecommunications industry, especially in the role of project coordinator/project manager. Preference will be given to candidates with project management certifications such as CAPM, PMP, CITPM. Fresh Graduate without working experience will also be considered.
- Knowledge of telecommunications technologies, including 3G, HSPA, LTE and 5G. Knowledge on IP and Mobile Data as well as value-added services such as mobile charging solutions including the postpaid and prepaid, short-messaging service, mobile applications is an advantage.
- Basic technical knowledge of computer networking, including knowledge of hardware, protocols, and internet standards.
- Able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written English.
- Basic understanding of legal contracts.
- Basic financial knowledge of project procurement, including capital and operational expenditures.
- Good interpersonal skills, and be able to be both a leader and a team player across different groups and levels.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.