Payroll Specialist APAC
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Payroll lead for APAC will have regional responsibilities for payroll as a key member of the Global Payroll team and is based in the Singapore office. This is a diverse, hands-on role that requires proactive analytical capabilities and an in-depth knowledge of and experience with payroll and HR practices across the region. The position provides a great opportunity to work independently and while being part of a dedicated, collegiate team in an international and highly professional environment. This position reports to the Payroll Manager and will work closely with the Benefits Manager and HR Team in APAC and the Payroll and Benefits team in the United States. Some regional travel may be required. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibilities/essential functions (other duties may be assigned).
- Responsible for payroll processing in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and potentially Japan.
- Prepare, submit and audit monthly payrolls in each location and conduct data integrity audits.
- Point of contact regarding escalated payroll matters, including payslip questions, changes to personal details and inquiries from employees.
- Act as the initial contact between the external payroll providers on all payroll-related matters.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating payroll process documentation, including employee-facing websites and recommending improvements to processes.
- Responsible for meeting monthly accounting reporting obligations, compliance reporting, and other payroll and pension data reporting requests as needed.
- Assist Finance & Accounting with reconciliations between the external payroll provider and internal systems such as PeopleSoft and SAP.
- Manage reconciliation processes for year-end reporting data and tax statements.
- Local point of contact for internal and external audits including financial audits and both voluntary and statutory pension plans.
- Monitor relevant payroll regulations for the region and escalate as appropriate.
- Participate in working groups and project teams as a payroll representative.
- Supports and drives global initiatives and change on a regional level in partnership with other functions.
- 5+ years of relevant APAC end-to-end payroll experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business or related discipline.
- Strong analytical skills and background, financial acumen and attention to detail.
- High quality written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively cross-functionally and globally in a growing and ever-changing environment.
- Strong sense of accountability, sound personal judgment and global business acumen.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel (i.e. pivot, vLookUp).
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy of discretion.
- A team player and a strong self-starter.
- Great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Proven abilities in project management and establishing effective partnerships with external service providers.
- Basic understanding of global mobility, expat assignments and shadow payroll reporting methods.
- Proficiency in leveraging HR and payroll systems to extract information and create databases for analysis. Experience with ADP Streamline and Workday a plus.
- Oral and written communication in Chinese preferred and Japanese language a plus.