- Permanent, Full time
- LMA Recruitment
- 25 Apr 18
PMO Specialist - COBAM Excellence in Execution Portfolio Management
Our client is a leading international bank, in search of a PMO specialist who will join the Central COBAM team of CIB (Corporate & Institutional Banking) and will play a multi-hatting role in providing support to projects and initiatives undertaken by the team in the Excellence in Execution (EinE) Portfolio for multiple countries globally and 2 processing Hubs.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Support project delivery in line with the Bank's PM standards
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Ensure all project deliverables and approvals are stored in a structured discoverable format for future audit
- Proactively review project library for quality and completeness, including auditable approval trails
- Govern artefact standards
- Deliver all allocated activities to the highest quality standard and call out when this is not the case
- Prepare, maintain and track quality of key project management tools such as project schedules, risks and issues registers, dependency mapping, budget and forecast, resource plan
- Provide effective support to the Project Manager including meeting scheduling and minute taking, team and stakeholder liaison, representation at meetings, coordination of programme activities
- Prepare status reporting as required for stakeholder requirements and the project team
- Implement governance standards across the project, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of project deliverables
- Managing the Phase Gate framework for the workstream.
- Complying with the Project Governance Policy and the Project Management and the workstream, and ensuring staff working on the work stream are aware and complying.
- Ensuring Clarity is up to date including Project static, RAG status, key milestones, financials, risks, dependencies, issues and resource forecasts, and they are tracked and reported to the governance bodies.
- Ensuring that all submissions to committees and working groups (PED, Red packs, Closure Reports, Benefit Reports, Progress Reports, etc.) are of the right quality and are timely.
- Implement Project closure procedure once the project is nearing completion
- Review, Control and report on financial status of the individual sub deliveries and overall. workstream as per the bank’s standards and project governance.
- Support updates in project and program management review platform, eg. BEF tool.
- Prepare status reporting for EinE governance at the portfolio level (weekly activity)
- Update 20+ initiatives cards for executive reporting (weekly)
- Review cost journals across various project cost centres to ensure correct booking of expenses; ensure pending invoices are received and reflected
- Monitor timesheet completions (technology man-days & NEW)
- Book meeting rooms, support preparation for workshops etc.
- Support the transformation team for travel bookings
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles and Values: “Do the right thing”, “never settle” and “better together”.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Qualification and Skills
- Business-level communication skills
- Functional knowledge of Project Management and SDLC
- Comprehensive project documentation experience
- CAPM (Certified Associate with Project Management) or PMP (Project Management Professional) certificate is an advantage
- Familiarity with banking systems for CIB (Corporate and Institutional Banking) and CB (Commercial Banking) an advantage
- Relevant experience in the governance field and exposure to business project management
- Sound knowledge of risk governance frameworks & processes
- Focused, organised, results-oriented and works independently to strict timeframes
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- The working environment requires the ability to work in a fast-paced manner, while providing quality work output and will require someone who can cope well under pressure while keeping a positive / upbeat attitude
- Ability to create effective work relationships and engage with senior management
- Experience in usage of Clarity and MS Project for project tracking and reporting an advantage
- Agile project experiences an advantage
EA Reg no: R1216327
EA Licence No: 11C4684
Company Reg. No: 201131609D