PB Core Banking Lead
The Private Bank (PB) Core platform domain lead role will operate out of Singapore. The role acts in the capacity of a product manager for core banking system features that supports the Wealth Management APAC business processes.
You will lead the solutioning and delivery of strategic initiatives within the change programs for PB APAC. Excellent structuring and story-lining skills with the ability to distil complex topics into material that is suitable for senior management level communication is essential. Strong influencing skills and a good working knowledge of products and operations is required. You have the desire to be part of a high-profile, multi-faceted team that provides necessary support in day to day technology management as well as long-term initiatives.
- Work closely with the business COO to drive platform strategy through shaping and prioritization of business demands, design and selection of solutions
- Drive effective end-to-end delivery of prioritized programs ensuring the investments are optimized from cost, time to market and strategic fit perspective
- Steer program level governance forums to engage sponsors and business partners
- Monitor & review resource and funding utilization taking corrective actions proactively as required
- Ensure compliance with the governance and risk of the delivery together with One IT & Change counterparts
- Ensure end-to-end requirements from business partners are clear and target business processes are defined to be included in the product backlog
- Challenge business partners on the business value and the justifications before determining the priority of the product backlog.
- Prioritize the book of work for few agile IT development teams
- Actively manage agile project progress against quality standards, targets and budgets and challenging actions, results and activities
- Engage partners by providing updates through informal or formal meetings and ensure any decisions required are consulted by all key members
- Develop innovative product recommendations based on business, technical, and opportunity assessments, demonstrating domain experience.
- In partnership with key business partners form and maintain the product vision. Communicate product vision and the functional requirements of the business partners to IT delivery teams
- Define and prioritize product roadmap and team backlog such that the solution effectively addresses business priorities while maintaining technical integrity
- Ensure Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next. Communicate and ensure team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level required
- Author requirements, epics, user stories, tasks and timelines aligned with user/customer/market needs; ensures stories meet the "definition of ready" criteria;
- Identify business needs, negotiate priorities between competing stakeholder interests, and then collaborate with developers to ensure that the requirements are implemented effectively.
- The key deliverables of this role would be driving the implementation of next Core banking upgrade within the next 2 years, and the ongoing prioritization of the Core banking product backlog.
- Keen understanding of upstream and downstream dependencies to contribute towards roadmaps for the platform
- Proactive risk management - building a sustainable control environment by reducing operational risks, eliminating manual steps and sub-optimal practices
- You have a minimum of 5 years' experience of Product Management / Operations and 10+ years' experience in Private Banking or Wealth Management Industry
- You have outstanding analytical and problem solving skills built on industry experience in private banking or technology development
- Excellent presentation and written and verbal communication skills - problem structuring, logical thinking and story-lining essential
- Outstanding influencing and interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and with senior management
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in confidential matters
- Advanced knowledge of business process, products and market trends.
- Commercial attitude towards quality, cost and delivery of the projects
- You are driven and committed with a strong positive can do attitude
- Overarching desire to get things done and move towards technology end-state
- You can work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- You are ambitious, hardworking on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards