Outsourcing Enablement & Governance Lead
The Business Manager is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a professional team or department. The team drives the overall administrative activities of the business. These tasks may include managing external audits, business continuity activities or addressing regulatory issues. Manages ad hoc projects as needed.
The role is critical to ensure compliance to local regulatory requirements in Asia, and the relevant Cross Border Data Clearance which exist in Asia.
The person will ensure that outsourcing approvals are obtained for Asia outsourcing initiatives and that Citi is compliant to all the in-country regulatory requirements and Citi policies pertaining to outsourcing and cross border data clearance. The employee would help in process standardisation, establishing and monitoring the KPIS so that it meet the standards, conducting thorough due diligence and would also lead discussions with audit, third party management, risk and control teams.
As part of this the individual would be working on the necessary documentation such as Singapore Business Outsourcing Proposal, Technology Risk Management Checklist and would need to liase with Technology leads, Product partners, Compliance, Legal, Cross Border Data Clearance team, Country outsourcing, Procurement etc.
In addition the individual would also drive other governance related and risk and control initiatives. Responsibilities:
- Partner with local and regional business management team to ensure alignment of business goals
- Manage a team by providing technical knowledge, coaching, evaluation, determining hiring etc.
- Assist leadership and stakeholders with developing projects, determining strategies, and defining/providing metrics
- Advance control framework including executing Manager's Control Assessment testing, operational loss processes, and corrective actions
- Prepare materials, record minutes, and follow-up as needed on items for business committees and/ or regular business meetings
- Seek out sources, track, consolidate and analyze ad-hoc and regular business requests
- Drive implementation of business-driven projects across functions, working closely with relevant senior leadership
- Provide input into and recommend technology change, process improvements and control framework enhancements
- Seek out and ensure corrective actions are implemented for control related issues and remedial action is taken
- Communicate business knowledge, product knowledge, and requirements to business and internal support functions
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Candidate is expected to have at least 8 years' experience in a Compliance or Risk & Control function in bank
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment pertaining to technology outsourcing and versed with outsourcing documentation such as TRM
- Strong Coordination skills would need to work across various functions in Citi - Technology, Business, Legal, Compliance, procurement, Finance and respective Country offices
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Self-drive, with a passion for change, acts with extreme sense of urgency and is passionate about delivering
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to work across all levels of the organisation
- Meticulous planner with a tremendous attention to detail, managing through complexity and dependency
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Business Strategy, Management & Administration Job Family:
Business Administration Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting