Ops Risk Manager
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- The Bank of New York Mellon
- 27 Mar 18 2018-03-27
• Bachelor or Master's Degree or Professional Qualification • Knowledgeable about Risk Management, corporate policies, timely risk and economic issues, and the regulatory environment • Ability to evaluate (often complex) situations and products in order to partner with business in finding an optimal solution for the company y • Possess the ability to interact and provide risk challenge to all levels of business from regional senior business leaders to back office staff
~~The Corporation's Risk and Compliance program requires each business unit to establish appropriate risk management and compliance controls based on the identification of specific business line related risks. The candidate will work with all business units in Asia Pacific Markets to assure that each adequately identifies and incorporates appropriate controls for managing risk and other strategic concerns within their risk management systems. Current businesses in Asia Pacific are Foreign Exchange, Securities Finance, Collateral Management, and Liquidity Services, with expansion likely in the future. The incumbent advises/assists each business unit in evaluating and documenting its existing processes and any control gaps that may appear. Business Risk Managers are responsible for assessing, monitoring and reporting on the risks inherent in the business activities of the first line and oversee the application of the Risk Management Framework. The principal risks in the context of the job are operational, fiduciary, reputational, business and strategic risks.
• The incumbent will work with Senior Business and Risk Executives to achieve the stated objectives and assist with solving risk issues as well as identifying emerging risks. This position will assist with supporting the evolution of the Risk Framework and risk practices on a going forward basis.
• He/She will provide written analysis, review and addressing all risk activities related to Markets’ businesses in order to minimize risk liabilities for the company.
• He/She will actively work with members of the risk management, compliance, and legal teams to ensure the timeliness of all risk related deliverables, and the resolution of any concerns as they arise.
• He/She will be responsible for coordinating efforts to resolve risk related issues, and to inform the managing director of risk-related activities.