Operations, Regulatory & Control Ops Subdiv - Client Assets Ops, Associate, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you looking to apply your analytical skills and deepen your understanding of client asset protection? Client Assets team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with various Operations teams as well as Legal and Compliance to ensure proper control and governance structure for the protection of client assets.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
At Client Assets, we maintain the firm's reputation and clients' confidence by ensuring compliance with customer protection regulations as well as liaise with regulators and auditors during audit processes. Through the development, testing, and implementation of strategic technology and new business initiatives, we help ensure the adequacy of controls to mitigate financial, regulatory, and reputational risks for the firm. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ensure accurate segregation of client money and assets in order to be rule compliant and to operate in the best interest of the clients
- Understand regulatory rules across APAC jurisdiction and apply the knowledge to daily operation.
- Investigate and follow up on daily breaks arising from the segregation process and maintain good audit trail
- Support internal projects and business initiatives by providing regional client assets subject matter expertise
- Work with business units across Operations to ensure better control and governance across Client Asset processes
- Drive Client Assets initiatives to enhance efficiency, accuracy and control
- New business facilitation through ad hoc work on firm wide projects around new processes or activities
- Fosters a risk culture of proactively socializing and escalating Risk matters to legal & compliance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's degree required
- Demonstrated team working skills as well as excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and good follow up skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and ownership of issue resolution
- Self-motivated, driven to achieve and able to manage pressure and prioritize multiple tasks
- Fluent in both spoken and written Japanese
- Client Assets / Client money experience is also preferred but not mandatory
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity