Operations Manager – Trade Finance
- Permanent, Full time
- Arab Banking Corporation
- 22 May 19
Undertake designated activities within the department to ensure service standards are achieved and risks managed. Be responsible for carrying out a range of demanding clerical, reconciling, data administration and control / monitoring services and duties, in order to ensure timely delivery of a quality service to clients, other Bank ABC units and departments in line with agreed service standards and within budgets.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- As directed, support/undertake the timely and accurate delivery of all requested projects and initiatives ensuring these are within specification and budgeted costs.
- Carry out a range of demanding clerical, data input, reconciliation, data administration and monitoring services, ensuring that the work is completed accurately, on time and in adherence to all specified Bank processes, procedures, standards and relevant external regulations.
- Ensure that the work processed by self and the team adheres to all specified Bank processes, procedures, standards, and relevant external requirements.
- Identify and suggest improvements to new and existing processes / procedures / systems and the way in which the team operates to improve service quality and process efficiency.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of market conditions, bank products and services to ensure that best practice is adopted where required.
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of new or upgrades to existing IT systems and new products including the performance of robust user testing in accordance with bank standards.
- Prepare periodical reports and escalating irregularities to management and other regulating units/parties.
- Provide back-up cover for other colleagues absent due to sickness, training, annual leave etc.
- Provide business support during weekends, bank holidays and other times when the Bank would usually be closed in Bahrain but markets are open in other parts of the world.
- Recommend and implement changes to the way in which the team operates to improve service quality and process efficiency.
- Respond to a range of demanding enquiries, clarifying customers and other departments/units understanding of the information being given.
- Undertake duties at a similar or higher level as required, including deputizing for the Senior Manager Operations in their absence.
- Undertake delivery of designated activities in order to provide an effective service to other departments/units in accordance with agreed service standards.
- When required support line management with the implementation of changes in own work area.
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
The job will primarily be focused on delivering high quality processing and support to Treasury & Wholesale Banking teams and their clients.
Awareness and understanding of the Group wide Control Standards and Policies related to area (such as Trading and Sales, Management of Vostro Accounts, Secure and Non-secure Communication Channels, etc.) is essential and the job holder will be required to challenge (where appropriate) the activities of business units to ensure that they remain aligned and consistent with the requirements of Control Standards and Group Policies.
The job holder must have an understudying of the structures and main operational activities of own business unit and of the interactions required with other areas of the business. The job holder must have an understanding of the products and services available in the bank and the importance of customer relationships and readily identify and develop appropriate contacts.
- Excellent understanding of the risks and attributes of the Group’s key products, services, operations, and technology gained from hands on experience in operational roles.
- Strong knowledge of MAS regulatory requirements for the Branches products, services and operations.
- Self / Work Organization: Knows how to prioritize tasks and diarize effectively to achieve deadlines. When appropriate co-ordinates and allocates tasks, ensuring full and effective use of resources available.
- Keyboard / Software Applications: Has a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office software including Visio and systems appropriate to the role and can input and extract information to provide a variety of reports.
- Performance Review & Development: Knows and uses methods of collecting objective data to contribute towards the review process.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor Degree in one of the following fields Finance, Banking, Accounting, Business or Risk Management
- Minimum 10 years banking experience in Commercial Banking (Trade, Loans, Cash) with at least 3 years at managerial level
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Oral Communication: Uses clear, concise and jargon-free speech to explain products/services/procedures and resolve problems. Uses effective telephone manner with customer/colleagues.
- Written Communication: Produces written responses to enquiries using appropriate wording. Produces clear and accurate written material.
- Perceives changes as opportunities to learn and not threats.
- Sees change from the perspective of the customer.
- Team Player and Self-motivated who gains and develops skills set to meet challenging requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure with strong time management and minimum supervision.
- Flexible and positive approach to work, ‘can do’ attitude and ability to think beyond what is being requested.