Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020 Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of staff to plan and ensure timely implementation of underground fibre and pipe as required by customer and in accordance to required timeline.
- Manage contractors to ensure work are appropriately scheduled and carried out in order to meet customers' requirement. This includes monitoring of daily schedule and accounting for actual work carried out for cable pulling and terminations.
- Track and analyse the performance of fibre and pipe contractors in accordance to the penalty and incentive framework and take appropriate actions if the contractors' performance do not meet the expected performance target.
- Manage site office quotation process from site survey to acceptance of firm order. Engage customers on readiness of customers pipe so as to carry out pipe connection. Ensure relevant plans are developed and executed in accordance to agreement with customer.
- Track and resolve cable and pipe related issues reported at Cable Chambers, Cabinets and public areas.
- Manage cessation of copper related projects eg Payphones, DEL, MDF.
- Budget management for Operating Expenditure and Capital Expenditure for the department. Continuous monitoring to ensure prudence in expenditure.
- Degree in Engineering
- 6 years of experience in Contractor Management and Field Force Management
- Knowledge in Technical areas on Transmission Technology, outside plant fibre and copper
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.