Operations Analyst 1
- Permanent, Full time
- SS&C Fund Services (Asia) Pte Ltd
- 13 Mar 19
The successful candidate is responsible for managing the trade confirmation, trade and settlements processing and assets maintenance functions of assigned products within SS&C Fund Services Asia. The person would work closely with client traders, counterparties, custodians/prime brokers and accountants to settle financial transactions for clients trading in fixed income securities, equities, futures and any exchange traded derivatives. The position is responsible for maintaining confirmation and settlement of trades. The candidate should provide strong internal controls and adherence to the Global Operations standards.
1. Process trade confirmation via verbal and electronic means.
2. Process trades settlement.
3. Monitor and report failed trades promptly. Follow up on discrepancies and ensure final settlement of trades.
4. Perform reconciliation of securities holding and cash positions. Follow up on discrepancies.
5. Perform asset servicing such as periodic coupon payments and corporate actions.
6. Liaise with clients, custodian banks, prime brokers and accounting to resolve any problems and provide assistance where necessary.
7. Achieve good understanding of the internal control environment and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, in particular the Global Operations Standards.
8. Provide coverage for other team members.
• University degree in banking, finance, accounting or commensurate experience
• 0-2 years of relevant experience in the financial industry
• Fresh graduates are welcome.
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen
• Knowledge in securities markets, clearing systems and SWIFT
• Knowledge of hedge fund industry and products
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong dispute resolution and effective problem solving skills
• Proven team work skills; able to recognize where you can help the team complete all daily and monthly tasks
• Demonstrated initiative/innovation/resourcefulness Audit/Control Minded
• Ability to work in changing, fast-paced work environment
• Experience with hedge fund will be an advantage