Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description
Manulife Asset Management is the asset management division of Manulife Financial Corporation. Manulife Asset Management's diversified group of companies and affiliates provides comprehensive asset management solutions for institutional investors, investment funds and individuals in key markets around the world. This investment expertise extends across a full range of asset classes including equity, fixed income and alternative investments such as oil & gas, real estate, timber, farmland, as well as asset allocation strategies. Manulife Asset Management has investment offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Japan, Hong Kong, and throughout Asia.
The Trading Systems team within Asset Management Systems provides technology development and support services to the company's institutional asset management business, including Performance & Analytics, Order and Execution Management, and Investment Decision Support systems. The internal client base is comprised of Portfolio Managers and Investment Analysts; Equity, Fixed-Income, and Derivative Trading desks; Middle Office teams providing post-trade services; and Compliance.
As Operations Analyst, the incumbent is responsible for supporting Front-Office Portfolio Managers, Traders, Compliance and Investment Operations personnel. In addition to developing work flows, procedures, and working as an individual contributor on enhancements with a geographically dispersed team of technology professionals to deliver high quality and timely solutions to North American and European investment teams. Responsibilities:
- Support requests from the various business and system teams by investigating application problems, enhancements and recommending solutions (~ 70% allocation).
- Conduct work flow analysis, including rollouts of new functionality and platform updates, and lead associated training and procedure-development (~ 30% allocation).
- Work with other team members (4-6) to respond to issues and support requests and manage communication with vendor and clients (including Front-Office Portfolio Management, Trading, Middle-Office, Compliance and Systems).
- Assist with refinement of communication and escalation framework with business and systems teams globally (Canada, US, UK and Asia)
- Organize and provide status updates on the portfolio of requests.
- Liaise between business and systems areas, including partnering with other parts of systems' organization such as development and technical infrastructure teams, to investigate and/or develop solutions to business/systems issues.
- Develop business and functional requirements, training materials and user specifications.
- Work with the vendor and other business and system groups to define requirements and test deliverables.
- Establish test plans and expected results, conduct and coordinate acceptance testing, identify issues and recommend solutions.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
- Degree or diploma in Business or Information Systems is required.
- 4+ years of Systems Business Analysis experience and/or trading desk support experience; including, the capability of gathering and validating requirements in order to resolve issues and problems.
- 3+ years of experience with basic investment concepts as an Analyst, exposure to buy-side trading environment and/or with order management systems highly desired.
- Ability and desire to learn work flows associated with Portfolio Management analytics and decision-making, Trade-execution, Compliance rules and investment operations processes such as Confirmation,
- Matching and Settlement and associated System functionality in a fast-paced environment.
- Well-developed analytical skills with the ability to define, document and resolve problems using a variety of analytical tools.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task on items of varying degrees of complexity and time sensitivity.
- Exposure working with relational databases, SQL
- Exposure to programming languages
- Experience with Bloomberg (AIM) or other OMS
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .