About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities To support the processing in respect to
- Structured Products (ELNs, DRACs, FCNs, QUANTOs, Accumulators, Deccumulators)
- Coordinate with issuers, prepare fixing results and broadcast to front line. Provide updated strike prices for underlying shares due to corporate actions.
- Broadcast and process Voluntary Corporate Actions Events to Clients.
- Receive, monitor and consolidate clients' responses for Voluntary CA events within prescribed deadlines. Provide consolidated clients' responses to custodian within deadline provided. Liaise closely with Call Centre on instruction taking for clients.
Structured Notes and Deposits
- Analyse term sheets to create appendices to complement coupon payments, maturities, call backs. Broadcast to RMs upon receipt of confirmations from Counterparties within prescribed timelines. Perform verification of coupon / redemption payout rates with issuers. Support corporate actions related to Structured Notes and Deposits.
- Broadcast and process Voluntary Corporate Actions Events to RMs and Clients.
- Receive, monitor and consolidate clients' responses for Voluntary CA events within prescribed deadlines. Provide consolidated clients' responses to custodian within deadline provided.
- Preparation of cover letters for client mailing for corporate announcements eg. change in trustee, fund merger, EGMs, fund termination. Broadcast announcements to RMs, business and uploading of information in Knowledge One. Receive, monitor and consolidate clients' instructions within prescribed deadlines eg. Proxies for EGMs/ AGMs. Provide consolidated clients' responses to Fund Houses within deadline provided.
Corporate Actions service support
Coordinate/liaise with Custodians, Operations Hub (GSSC KL), Product Managers, Call Centre, Issuers and various stakeholders on Corporate Actions related activities. To provide customer account administration and liaison with the following objectives:
- Provide support as point of contact for Corporate Actions related queries / complaints.
- Investigation of corporate actions related issues.
Lead and develop the operations team to ensure an efficient operation managed in strict compliance with the various local laws and jurisdictions and group risk standards. To manage and drive forward the quality process in Singapore Our Ideal Candidate
- Optimize utilization of resources
- Adhere to established controls and procedures
- Provide quality customer's service
- Provide output in a timely manner
- To be cost effective
- Maximise profit
- Degree holder with at least 1 year working experience in securities industry or banking industry
- A broad knowledge of banking operation and banking practice.
- A thorough knowledge of the operations and rules of the local securities industry.
- Ability to handle a variety of fast changing situations in terms of work pressure and clients' requirement.
- Strong inter-personal and management skills.
- Analytical and procedural systems skills regarding procedural changes required to adapt to the dynamic market conditions.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.